Be a Part of the Fiesta...
Come Join The Pollo Nation!
You will need an email account click here to create one if you do not currently have one: Create Email Account When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able toview your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special characterPosition Summary
Pollo Tropical is looking for Delivery Drivers who can make our customers happy by delivering our great product quickly, safely and with excellent customer service. When not focused on Delivery Driver responsibilities, he or she may also be assigned to other Associate duties within the restaurant.Primary Duties / Responsibilities
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Loads and delivers catering orders to Pollo Tropical customers in a safe, timely and courteous manner.
- Sets up catering orders according to required specifications; provides a high level of customer service through duration of delivery.
- Prepares and/or receives appropriate documentation for the catering delivery; arrives at restaurant 30 minutes prior to all scheduled delivery times and confirms order checklist prior to leaving restaurant.
- Completes confirmation call to customer to confirm order details and verify special delivery instructions.
- Ensures customer received complete order and signs credit card receipt.
- Requests customer feedback and to best of his/her ability resolves customer concerns as required.
- Upon completing the delivery responsibilities, returns promptly to restaurant.
- Upon completing a delivery, distributes menus to other businesses in building and establishes rapport with same.
- Represents Pollo Tropical in a professional manner at all times and as required demonstrates knowledge of the company and product line. Provides support in the restaurant as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of all delivery equipment and follows catering equipment cleaning procedures.
- Maintains catering display and ensures catering menus are stocked at restaurant.
- Ensures delivery vehicle is clean, organized and mechanically maintained. Emergency Delivery Kit is fully stocked and in vehicle prior to all deliveries.
- Complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding operation of a motor vehicle, and/or a commercial vehicle.
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
- Must represent The Pollo Tropical brand and Our Values.
Functional / Technical Requirements (include Education, Certifications, Training)
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Valid driver's license issued from the state where you will drive and work.
- Must pass a background check that includes a good MVR (motor vehicle record).
- Must have MVR checked by Pollo Tropical on an annual basis.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Drivers are required to carry a working cell phone during all deliveries.
- Drivers are required to show proof of auto liability insurance on their vehicle upon request.
- In Florida, you must purchase following minimum coverage amounts for your personal vehicle:
- $10,000 of no-fault or personal injury protection (PIP) insurance.
- $10,000 of property damage liability (PDL) insurance.
- Excellent driving skills so you can arrive to our customers safely.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in English via verbal and written communication, such that employee can perform his or her job responsibilities.
- Experience in food delivery, a plus.
- Delivery driver vehicle standards:
- The delivery vehicle must run well and positively represent Pollo Tropical.
- All lights working.
- No cracked windows or windshields.
- Windshield wipers, brake and tail lights in working condition.
- Current state registration and valid insurance card in the vehicle.
- Valid license plates must be installed on rear bumper.
- No smoking in vehicles when delivering Pollo Tropical Product.
- Safety hazard lights must always work.
- Vehicles must be maintained and in good working condition.
- No offensive or inappropriate stickers, decals or wording affixed to the vehicle.
- Vehicle must represent Pollo Tropical in a positive manner.
Pollo Tropical Core Values
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years delivery driver experience preferred.
- Ability to comfortably speak, write, and comprehend English in a business setting.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Dignity and Respect
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 3 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to operate and licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 3 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- May frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, manipulate and key in data.
- Must be able to work in both warm and cool environments.
- Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music, customer and traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you are a current employee, please apply using the internal application process. Reach out to your manager for more information
Posting ID: 603755392Posted: 2021-03-01