Would you like to kickstart your career?
Maybe you re rejoining the workforce or seeking a career change?
Stericycle is hiring now! We, as an essential business, are on the front lines as supporting the healthcare industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This means that, in addition to our generous benefits, our team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement.
We ve also updated our policies and training to ensure all of our team members can safely serve our customers.
We protect what matters. We are seeking a Swing Route Driver who will be responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and/or SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery.
Route Drivers provide the highest level of customer service possible at all times and will transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
The Swing Route Driver also covers routes when other team members are on vacation, including those team members at remote transfer sites/states and will possible act as a trainer for new employees or existing employees who have issues completing assigned duties as directed by management.
The Swing Route Driver will also assist other drivers on long or heavy work days and/or work in the warehouse or processing plant as needed.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position with a 4x10 work schedule (4 - 10 hours days between Monday and Friday).
The start time will be between 4:30am and 5:30am; end time between 2pm and 5pm.
The day off during the week will be established after training.
Up to 25% travel will most likely be necessary due to schedule coverage.
Key Job Activities: * Manages assigned routes ensuring customers waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
* Picks up and transports waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
* Plans daily schedule based on customers needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc.
provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
* May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
* Picks up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day.
Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
* Provides the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution.
This includes but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
* Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
* Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing.
Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
* Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
* Ensures that employee covering for specific route are aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
* Reports any issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
* Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day.
Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Preferred Education: in High School or Secondary or EquivalentPandoLogic. Keywords: Route Driver, Location: Middle Amana, IA - 52307
Posting ID: 577704115Posted: 2020-10-27