Job Location: The Dalles, OR
Summary: Daily production to meet customer demands. Reports directly to Cast house Supervisors
Starting Rate: $15.65/hr, up to $17.92/hr after 90 days
- Work in heavy industrial, fast paced environment producing aluminum.
- Perform accurate equipment set ups, read/interpret gauging equipment ranging from digital to dial.
- Maintain all records on job assignment in correct/timely manner on paper as well as in the computer.
- Safely use mobile equipment and overhead cranes.
- Maintain QC checks on the operation in process. Follow/support all safety guidelines.
- Understand that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority. Adhere to all safety rules, guidelines and wears appropriate PPE when required.
- Complete “near miss’ paperwork on any unsafe condition or action and reports any unsafe condition or act to your supervisor.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must maintain punctuality/attendance standards.
- Must be able to understand and deliver basic commands in English.
- Must have basic math skills, know how to use a calculator and how to read a measuring tape.
- Must be able to lift 50 lobs and work cohesively in a team environment.
- Interpersonal skills required: Team player, organized, self-starter, adaptable to change, results oriented and able to work with limited supervision.
- Forklift and crane experience a plus.
- Work days, but subject to rotating shifts.
- Be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Education and Work Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
Hydro Extrusions is a world-leading aluminium extrusion business counting around 100 production sites in 40 countries and employing 20,000 people. Through our unique combination of local expertise, global network, and unmatched R&D capabilities, we can offer everything from standard profiles, to advanced development and manufacturing for most industries.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 34,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Posting ID: 609884198Posted: 2021-03-02