Signal 88 Security of Houma is locally owned and operated by a U.S. military veteran with over 17 years experience in the law enforcement and contract security fields. We're a small security firm with an emphasis on our quality of life and quality of service. We believe that company culture is the precursor to everything we do, and it's important to us that we have cohesive teams in place to accomplish our day to day mission. We have a clearly identified Officer Advancement Plan that outlines measurable steps to ensure ALL employees receive regular raises and promotions within their first year on the job. All positions are built to provide up to one dollar an hour in pay increases within the first year.
Signal 88 Security of Baton Rouge is part of the national franchise group, Signal 88 Security, founded in Omaha, by law enforcement professionals in 2003. In Nebraska police code, Signal 88 means “situation secure.” The mission of the Signal 88 Security organization is to revolutionize and establish a higher standard of professionalism in the security industry. Its re-engineered, effective security services are provided by its officers each and every day.
Pay starting at $10.00 per hour, but can achieve up to $12.00 per hour after probationary period.
20-31 hours per week, nightly between the hours of 8pm-5am.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct roving patrols through parking lots and other areas of the property to monitor for damage, criminal activity, etc.
- Conduct foot patrols of courtyards, management offices, pools, and/or other corridors to ensure that the property is safe of any illegal or inappropriate activity, as well as take preventative actions to protect the property of the residents.
- Monitor the property for suspicious activity which could include unauthorized vehicles, vehicle that have been broken into, trespassers or people loitering, trash and lighting issues, or other items that are not normal to that property.
- Check to ensure employees locked up doors and set necessary alarms.
- Check for lighting, trash, and security assessments (no fence, hole in fence, overgrown trees or bushes to hide in, etc.)
- Officer will not be using force of any kind; only a visual deterrence.
- Write clear and accurate reports according to the Operations Manual guidelines to document all that you saw during the patrol.
- All patrols and routing are conducted through our proprietary software. Officer will be required to learn the software and use it in the appropriate manner to maintain efficiency and submit reports in real time.
- Officer will be required to clock in and out on time using our proprietary software, and will be responsible to monitor his/her schedule through the online application tool.
- A high school degree or GED.
- Must have a positive, upbeat attitude and the ability to interact with strangers.
- Prior Military and/or law enforcement experience is PREFERRED but not REQUIRED.
- Successful completion of drug test and background check.
- Clean driving record.
- Completion of all on-line and physical training modules.
- Complies with all uniform requirements according to the S88 Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to learn and use new software efficiently and without major errors.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices.
- Ability to get along with other employees, follow directions, work under stress, add value and continuously improve.
- Ability to conform to established procedures and to help identify and solve problems.
Signal 88 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and not to discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or veteran status. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. The executive staff and all managerial personnel are committed to this policy and its enforcement.
Signal 88 Security may communicate with candidates who apply for employment via email, phone call or texting. By submitting an application you agree to be contacted through these channels.
Powered by JazzHR