J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With over $27 trillion of assets under custody and $600 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. The Global Corporate Bank
manages J.P. Morgan's overall relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and help them to grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Clients benefit from dedicated coverage provided by experienced corporate bankers, who deliver the firm's extensive product platform and presence in more than 60 countries worldwide. We leverage the capital strength of JPMorgan Chase and extend credit to help clients grow their business.
As a central part of the firm's plans to further expand its successful international banking franchise, the Global Corporate Bank offers exciting opportunities as a place to work. We are currently recruiting for a seasoned Managing Director who will take responsibility for the global relationship with a group of select Energy clients. The person will provide lead coverage on these names and work in partnership with other J.P. Morgan lines of businesses to deliver the firm's wholesale product capabilities to our clients. Core Responsibilities
Background and Skill Requirements:
- Build and develop Treasurer level coverage of Corporate Bank selected clients in the Energy sector
- You would be responsible for Marketing in-scope Investment Banking (IB) products (including: traditional credit product, debt capital markets, private placements, ABS/Conduit, FX, Flow derivatives, Commodities, Sales and Trading) and all non-IB products (including: Wholesale Payments, Worldwide Securities Services, and Asset & Wealth Management), through integrated Treasurer level coverage
- In partnership with others, you would be expected to drive account planning processes for Corporate Bank selected clients
- Demonstrated excellent performance at a Managing Director level
- Proven ability to create, develop and maintain trusted client relationships, as evidenced by, winning new business, closing transactions and possessing valuable professional networks, ideally with this client set
- Understanding of most of the relevant key products used: fixed income (credit and rates), flow derivatives, FX, commodities, treasury services, custody and integrated reporting and financing products
- Flexibility to travel frequently across the U.S. and globe as needed
- Location in Houston
- Ability to navigate across large organizations to get things done and broker information across the firm; ability to form strong partnerships and work in environments where there are multiple, overlapping stakeholders
- Able to develop viable strategies to grow the overall business with this client set, as well as take pragmatic steps to execute these strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Established network or experience in the Energy sector
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred; a minimum of 12 years of Financial Services / Banking experience required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Investment banking is about more than offering industry-leading advice and financial expertise. Teams serve clients by building long-term, trusted partnerships that put their needs first. The world’s largest corporations, institutions and governments rely on the in-depth industry knowledge and market insights provided, knowing their goals are our top priority.