Req ID: 177584
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Staff Accountant position is to account for construction project expenditures, including project accounting, budgeting, invoicing, and reporting. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for communication with internal customers and completion of special projects.
- Make independent decisions and recommendations regarding project systems, reporting, journal entries, invoice processing, and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly and year-end construction reporting to management.
- Interact with the Construction team regarding expenditures, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in developing enhancements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Update account reconciliations monthly related to construction processing
- Review and approve construction coding daily through the invoicing approval queue
- Other duties and opportunities assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA a plus
- 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Procore experience preferred
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong emphasis on Excel
- Soft Skills: Strong oral and verbal communication skills; ability to perform and make decisions under pressure and strict deadlines; excellent time management skills; detail oriented; ability to multitask and be a team player
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Accounting and Finance
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've provided customers with highway hospitality and "Clean Places, Friendly Faces." We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Posting ID: 578696677Posted: 2020-10-10