The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact for all incoming and outgoing deliveries. The clerk provides information both internally and externally as needed.
- Responsible for pulling orders and preparing related shipping documents in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Prepares skids or pallets for shipping, stretch wraps completed skids.
- Unloads material from trucks in a timely fashion.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Scans material into computer system using scan gun and load tags.
- Operates a fork lift truck or uses a hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Prepares and routes all in-coming and out-going articles
- Determines method of shipment.
- Schedules freight carriers for necessary pick-ups.
- Completes manifest paperwork for shipments.
- Works with Customer Service department to coordinate efforts.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Assists with preventative maintenance.
- Ensures compliance with established facility safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to operate a fork lift and a pallet jack.
- Minimum language skills are ability to read and interpret documents accurately, ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively with customers and other associates.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts by using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Able to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): $12- $14
Posting ID: 560251179Posted: 2020-09-11