PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- As the first point of contact, the Receptionist is the face and voice of the company and has the responsibility to provide outstanding customer service. This entails creating an overall welcoming environment, having a smiling/pleasant personality, and a friendly voice over the phone. The goal is to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and organized atmosphere. (Feeling of trust & appreciation)
- To act and behave in alignment with the Company Spirit (Mission, Philosophy and Values)
DUTIES, ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Spanish-English Translation when needed (in person and on paper) - A must for the position!
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate employee. Transfers a caller to an employee’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
- Produces and distributes employee contact list once a month and/or on a by need basis.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company. Makes sure all visitors sign in and out.
- Assures that guests and inspectors wear appropriate safety gear before entering the shop.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information pertaining to company address, directions, fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Ensures lobby and receptionist desk are kept organized
- Refrains from eating while at the front desk
- Operates main office equipment if required. Communicates with vendor if maintenance is needed.
- Offering Administrative support across the organization.
- Oversees the reservation of the company’s training and meeting rooms. Keeps a well-organized calendar for booking meetings and trainings and resolves any conflicting scheduling issues.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office and coffee bar supplies.
- Ensures coffee is made fresh each morning and throughout the day as well as replenishing the cookies/candies for visitors
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Supports the HR/QC department with various clerical duties.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services for the HR department.
- Keeps applications, painter and blaster tests available at all times for future applicants
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other related duties may be required and assigned.
- Skills, Knowledge, Ability: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Must be a quick learner to use in house computer software as it pertains to the position. Must have strong Time Management skills to be able to handle multiple tasks at once balancing priorities (Working with the team, customers and management, etc.).
- Language requirements include the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing well enough to relate and understand technical and business information. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is an asset preferred in our culturally diverse market.
QUALIFICATION/ EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent, One to two years of related experience preferred
- Refer to Training Matrix. Frequency determined per Annual Performance Review.
- All training (job orientation, health and safety issues) is conducted in English.
STRENGTH (Sedentary Work):
- Physical: Able to walk, stand, sit, stretch, climb, bend and climb stairs. Must be able to flex arms, wrists, hands, fingers, reach and grasp.
- Involves sitting majority of the day, but may involve walking or standing for periods of 5 minutes or greater.
Posting ID: 599653411Posted: 2021-01-21