REPORTS TO: Department Manager,General Manager and/or President
SUPERVISES: Shift Supervisors, machine operators,packers, process technicians, warehouse, setup, maintenance, and material handlers.
BASIC FUNCTION: Manage and oversee manufacturing responsibilities for the production, packing, safe keeping, storage and distribution of PET containers throughout the entire plant's operation in accordance with SOP, GMP, and HACCP. Exercises independent judgement and decision making in the scope of carrying out day-to-day duties; up to and including operations, maintenance, preventative maintenance, inventory, and projects. Assists in meeting production goals; including quality, spending, safety, and environmental compliance. Responsible of the training and development of all employees. Makes recommendations and implements improvements in processes, procedures and equipment. Enforces rules, regulations, and policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Hands-on supervision for all above personnel employees to ensure safe manufacturing of a variety of product containers
* Ensure product is maintained in a food safe environment
* Maintain sound knowledge of AOKI/Nissei/ Blow Molding Machines
* Provide accurate and detailed reports
* Provide training for lock out / tag out procedures
* Manage and meet with all shifts as needed
* Oversee compliance in accordance with HACCP principles to ensure passing of HACCP audits
* Oversee the production of plant operations, mold changes, maintenance, and shipping
* Evaluate system to improve production, downtime, safety and quality issues
* Oversees preventative maintenance schedule and set up tooling inventory
* Works with V.P. of Manufacturing on all new mold and equipment projects, from inception to finish, including specifications, engineering detail and process control
* Works with maintenance team for support of PM schedule and spare parts in maintenance room
* Supervises all schedules for warehouse, production, tooling and staffing needs
* Must provide clear and concise written reports to the Department Manager and General Manager
* Analyze and evaluate staff strengths and weaknesses and recommend training/improvement strategies
* Provides support with quality department on all areas of testing and evaluations
* Writes, updates, and maintains the documented procedures for the production area in accordance with the Quality/HACCP program
* Provides unlimited training to all employees as needed and requested
* Associates degree or equivalent experience in blow molding and/or plastic injection molding preferred. Must possess strong supervisory skills, math, reading, and written and verbal communication skills. Requires sound business logic and a knack for optimizing the day-to-day operations on the production floor. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be able to safely handle required lifting weight of up to 50 pounds.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Posting ID: 601367983Posted: 2021-01-22