We are looking for a highly motivated team player to join our team! Quarles Petroleum is a leading Mid-Atlantic provider of petroleum products and energy solutions for homes and businesses. Quarles is a family owned business based in Fredericksburg Virginia that began in 1940 with one truck. With 79 years of growth and prosperity, Quarles now employs almost 300 associates and has more than 67,000 residential and commercial customers across seven states. It is our mission to be the partner of choice for our customers, our community, and our associates.
As a Service Technician, you set and install propane tanks, gas piping systems and diesel and gasoline tanks. You conduct system tests to ensure safe operation. Repairing and maintaining company equipment allows you to provide superior service. You provide superior customer service by communicating and following up with Quarles customers and team members in a timely professional manner.
- Ensure that Company and Government safety, policy and regulatory standards are met at all times and maintain safe work habits in order to achieve safety goals. Maintain safety and compliance records.
- Install propane tanks, gas piping systems, and diesel/gasoline tanks.
- Maintain and operate service vehicle. Review maintenance record, perform pre- and post-trip
Inspections; report all vehicle conditions requiring attention for continued safe operation and proper vehicle maintenance.
- Meet established performance standard metrics such as billable time, productivity and efficient usage of inventory and equipment.
- Maintain professional image and respectful relations with customers and the general public at all Address customer inquiries and provide superior customer service. Strive to maintain zero service related customer complaints.
- Maintain trip report, shipping papers, system test documentation and related information.
- Observe, learn and apply the knowledge and skills handed down from more experienced technicians, and provide guidance to less experienced technicians as appropriate.
- Attend company sponsored- and industry-related training as appropriate.
- Works independently with onsite and/or remote support and direction from manager and more senior personnel. May provide guidance to less experienced technicians
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and three plus years of related work experience
- CDL B license with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements
- Attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to handle multiple shifting priorities
- Ability to promote and provide world class customer service
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Petroleum experience preferred
- Master gasfitters license a plus!
Note: Hours of operation: Department is staffed M-F 7:30am 5:30pm and covers after-hours issues with an on-call process. Must be able to work flexible seasonal work schedules
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacations from day one.
Quarles Petroleum is a leading Mid-Atlantic provider of petroleum products and energy solutions for homes and businesses. Quarles is a family owned business based in Fredericksburg Virginia that began in 1940 with one truck. It is our mission to be the partner of choice for our customers, our community, and our associates.
Quarles Petroleum Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability)Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 562939752Posted: 2020-08-07