The Raytheon Missile and Defense's (RMD) Mechanical Product Team (MPT) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The Mechanical Product Team uses state-of the-art tools, processes, technology, and RMD's Six Sigma principles. MPT's capabilities encompass a broad range of technical disciplines which include engineering, manufacturing, technical services, materials, processes, analysis, test and documentation.
Are you a mechanical engineer who's ready to take on a challenging role to help defend our nation? Are you ready for the challenge of designing, developing, and building future radar systems?
The Antenna Systems Department designs some of the most innovative land-based and shipboard radars in the world and is seeking a motivated and driven individual with experience in hardware design and analysis. Key requirements for this position include proven problem solving skills and experience in hardware design, engineering analysis, and mechanical drawing creation. Engineers will be expected to make sound and comprehensive decisions under the supervision and guidance of senior engineers. Individuals will interface primarily with other mechanical and materials engineers, but will often be required to collaborate with structural and thermal analysts, as well as electrical and manufacturing engineers.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. This position can be filled at the G07 or G08 range
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis or manufacturing
- Proficient with CREO (Pro-E) and Product Data Management ( PDM)
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis or manufacturing
- Experience with radar, antenna or pedestal design
- Experience with electronics packaging and/or thermal management
- Experience with structural and/or cooling system design
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of military and commercial design, materials, and process specifications
- Demonstrates ability to apply academic engineering knowledge to solve design issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design and analysis
- Able to make sound technical decisions
- Proficient in knowledge of mechanical engineering design processes
- Proficiency and applied knowledge in the areas of thermal, structural, or process engineering
- Demonstrated experience within a team environment
- Able to interact well with team members across various disciplines, including electrical engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and the program office.
- Manages schedule and commitment dates for individual tasks
- Able to Identify and communicate technical issues that may impact budget, schedule, and/or other aspects of the design
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, providing detailed engineering design/analysis of multiple tasks within a program at any given time
- Demonstrated analytical design/drawing skills including tolerance analysis
- Good presentation and technical writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and Power Point
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 610398724Posted: 2021-03-03