Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Horizon House, a non-profit organization, has been widely recognized for its services as a provider of community-based behavioral health, intellectual disabled and homeless services in Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware. Each year, Horizon House provides a continuum of services at over 100 sites to over 4,5000 adults with psychiatric or developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol addictions, and/or homelessness. A pioneer in the field of community-based rehabilitation, Horizon House is widely recognized for its innovative approach to the delivery of services in a community setting.
Horizon House seeks a business professional to provide financial oversight for our developmental services division. This position will monitor and analyze program expenditures, assist in budget preparation, and assist program staff in operating within budgetary allocations and contract compliance constraints.
Reporting to the Vice President (VP) of Horizon House Developmental Services (HHDS), the Director of Program Operations is the primary liaison between HHDS, the agency's corporate administrative divisions, and various external funders. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee, analyze, and review systems for all fee-for-service billing for HHDS, including the review of revenue received, with program management and the agency's billing department.
- Prepares and monitors the HHDS program budgets and provides budgetary feedback (to include variances to established budget) to the VP and division staff.Analyzes and reports program related expenditures, as appropriate.
- Oversees the accurate and timely collection and reporting of client/service data for billing purposes.
- Oversees petty cash account management and participant assistance funds.Coordinates, monitors and ensures accurate collection of client revenue through monthly room and board and applicable liability payments.
- Prepares financial analyzes including interim and year-end financial statements and supporting documentation for executive review and business planning.Participates in financial reviews and feasibility studies of prospective contracts in the bid proposal process prior to submission.
- Coordinates the scheduling and preparation for external auditors and funders. Ensures routine documentation audits and the monitoring of supporting documentation. Ensures the accuracy of contract billings and related financial transactions.
- Monitors compliance of all government (federal, state and local) regulations in accordance with fiscal's contract requirements. Manage vendors, contractors, and the daily administrative operations of HHDS in compliance with all statues and the agency's policies and procedures.
- B.A./B.S. degree in accounting, finance, or a related field and six (6) years of relevant experience.
- At least four (4) years of supervisory/management experience.
- Prior experience in public and/or not-for-profit setting, preferred.
- Experience in billing, preferably in healthcare environment preferred.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Excel and related computer applications.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Able to develop effective systems.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required.
EOE: M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Posting ID: 567178138Posted: 2020-08-09