The Travel RN is responsible for the nursing care of patients according to the physician's orders. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating total patient care and nursing care plans for each patient.
- Obtains a medical history and assesses, the patient’s physical and emotional status, level of competency, home environment, safety factors, family or household member’s ability to assist with care and the needs of the patient and what teaching will be required.
- Serves as the patient’s advocate by providing information on patient rights, grievance procedures, reimbursement procedures, and patient/family responsibilities. Involves patient’s family in developing the Plan of Care.
- Participate's in updating the interdisciplinary care plan every two weeks including the means of implementing the correct interventions to attain goals.
- Supervises and directs the care given by the Hospice Aide/CNA & evaluates such care in accordance with guidelines and regulations.
- Observes signs, symptoms and reactions to treatments, and informs the attending physician and/or Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) immediately of any changes.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in on-call rotating schedule and provides back-up assistance as requested.
- Willing and able to accurately utilize any automated device required to document in the electronic medical record.
Must be a Registered Nurse licensed in the state of operation.
Nursing experience required, with experience in Hospice or Home Health preferred.
Must posses a sound knowledge of nursing principles, procedures and elements of patient family teaching.
Caris believes all patients and their family members deserve the best care and treatment throughout their time with us.
Our nursing professionals, staff and volunteers are committed to excellence, while reflecting our core values of compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and service – the Caris promise to you.
Caris has 28 offices in Tennessee, Virginia, Missouri, South Carolina and Georgia, and we are grateful to have been trusted with the well-being of more than 40,000 patients and their family members. Our unwavering commitment is to provide a graceful and peaceful end-of-life journey.
Posting ID: 550054597Posted: 2020-07-03