Here’s what we need in corporate speak: Reporting to the Lead Designer and Art Director, this entry level Graphic and motion Artist will work to develop and implement creative, unique, and innovative motion graphic design concepts and solutions to strengthen our clients brand image, drive sales through social and digital channels, and internally promote the company’s growth and brand recognition. The designer will collaborate primarily with our social and digital team, under the leadership of the creative director, to develop content through the production of motion graphics, static images, social posts, short videos, display ads, emails and web banners.
In real speak: we need a talented graphic designer who has a great sense of what’s current, can animate text and visuals, works well with others, wants to work in a vibrant and fast-paced agency, and who is familiar with all things social.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Creating click-worthy motion graphics for Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and all things digital and social
• Utilizing After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator to execute the social teams’ ideas
• Working with Social and Account team members to ideate new and innovative content
• Collaborate with other designers on problem-solving, understanding trends, and promoting interesting ideas
• Work extra hours as needed to meet deadlines when necessary
• Understanding our client’s brands and stories.
• Process and submit graphics for submissions in a timely manner
• Adding positivity and fun to an already awesome environment
• Versioning graphics for the correct file types and sizes
• Regularly communicates project/program status to managing social and account directors
• Other duties assigned as needed
The Graphic Artist must be a team player and able to work under tight deadlines. Your attitude is key. Everyone is the agency is committed to creating the right environment. To successfully fulfill this position, the graphic artist must have the ability to take criticism positively and be willing to be held to a high standard. Good designers design around what they’ve learned, great designers learn about what they design. The ideal candidate will be focused—with the ability to work on a single task for long periods of time without getting distracted—but is also flexible—having the ability to be diverted off a project intermittently and able to return without losing one’s place or momentum.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field highly preferred.
• At least 2-3 years of full-time motion graphic design experience
• Ability to present concepts to the design/marketing team in a persuasive manner
• High proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Must be able to work on multiple projects at once without confusing them
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Must be highly organized and flexible; able to work under tight deadlines
• Must have a working knowledge of file types, social size requirements, and digital best practices.
• Must be an active user of social media and aware of social trends, memes, movements, and current styles.
Read this: If you do not submit a link to your portfolio with your resume, you will not be considered!