The Boeing Global Services (BGS), Engineering Support and Services (ES&S), Space and Missile Systems Integration (SMSI) team is looking for a Entry Level Software Engineer to support engineering activities for multiple programs in Huntsville, Alabama as well as providing Product Lifecycle services across the United States. Knowledge of all 12 Product Support Elements is essential as we leverage curiosity to explore new ideas, creativity to think outside the box, and courage to take on new challenges.
- Supports the integration of software components and hardware-software integration by assisting in the execution of basic test procedures. Uses software tools to generate basic software products (e.g., software builds, requirement specifications, design documents).
- Develops, documents and checks basic software code using software development environment tools and programming languages.
- Assists in the execution of tests and records results; gathers and performs basic analysis of data to assess software performance/function. Collects and inputs process data to support basic software metrics.
- Works under close supervision.
- Primary roles are to sustain existing ASP.NET applications using C++.
- The request is hiring two person where one would provide development support both front end and back end for Jira application, and the other would develop and sustain applications built in SharePoint.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
- Less than 1 year of experience in Web application development, C# and/or .NET.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
- Jira Front End and Back End Support
- SQL/Oracle Database Development
- SharePoint Administration
- SharePoint Workflows
- ASP. NET MVC and/or 5
- CSS - Cascading Style Sheets
- Security/Permission Management
- Team Foundation Server
- Data Analysis
- Project Management
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft InfoPath
- Microsoft Office
- Requirements Development and Evaluation
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Posting ID: 575453782Posted: 2020-09-23