The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluation to ensure quality-nursing care and to maximize the quality of life for patients. The RN is an integral member of the clinical support team, and collaborates with other multidisciplinary members to meet the clinical needs of the residents.
- Ensures all care delivered is within the scope and established standards of professional nursing practice
- Collaborates with other members of the clinical support team (MD, NP, nurses, social worker, therapists, dietitian) to meet the clinical needs of the patient and monitor outcomes of care
- Adheres to best practice recommendations and implements evidence based interventions to ensure optimum outcomes for patients
- Collaborates and participates in care planning activities
- Ensures adherence to the plan of care, revises as necessary, and ensures the plan accurately reflects an individualized approach to patients needs
- Documents appropriately in the electronic medical record
- Identifies and seeks out necessary resources as needed to ensure the provision of safe and effective care
- Delegates and supervises clinical care delivered by the licensed practical nurse and the nursing assistant
- Assumes accountability for his/her own learning needs and professional development
- Demonstrates critical thinking abilities in problem resolution
- Role models professional behavior
- Actively participates in shared governance, committees, etc
- Collaborates in the development of new work processes and systems
- Serves as a resource and support to patients
- Identifies and responds to safety concerns of patients
- Maintains compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory matters
- Participates in the collection and monitoring of quality data to ensure high standards of care
- Participates in performance improvement projects
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, which would be in conformity with the level of the position. Completes special projects as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains an agency environment that is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development including staff meetings and in-service education.
- Communicates with patients, families, and other health professionals in a manner that conveys respect, caring, and sensitivity.
- Communicates with the physician and/or nurse practitioner regarding patient status and medical intervention.
Graduate of approved school of nursing required; BSN preferred
Previous experience preferred
Must be professional, proactive, collaborative, conscientious and results-oriented individual. Must have an optimistic and positive demeanor, excellent oral and written communication skills, good intuition and able to adapt to changing priorities and display good, sound judgment.
Positive organizational skills. Must have solid analytical skills. Must be creative and proactive yet disciplined, discriminating and able to streamline work volume in order to maintain bottom line efforts in midst of multi-tasking and daily re-prioritizing. Must have ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle even difficult situations.
Must be motivated to learn and flexible to change
Computer literacy required.
- Allscripts training a plus
Must be able to work independently in the home care setting.
Must be able to work in team oriented environment
Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 553093535Posted: 2020-06-01