About Us Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.
In 1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Here's the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership stake! (available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self - While you may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500 millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your location does. The better your location does, the better the company does. The better the company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, it's all yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store! How cool is that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages. So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Overview Job Summary
Sets-up and maintains the condition of the department according to company standards including bulk food bins and machines (e.g., honey, peanut butter, etc.). Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Ensure product quality and selection. Performs other related work. Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Breaks down freight by moving product, placing it in inventory, operating fork lift, etc.
- Places product in barrels and dispensers by getting the product, moving it by cart, opening the box with a cutter, putting product in the correct location, etc.
- Oversees the coffee area by grinding, making coffee, stocking, etc.
- Maintains various machines (e.g., honey, peanut butter) by loading related machine with product, cleaning machine and area, maintaining supply of containers, etc.
- Ensures safe/secure work environment.
- Performs customer service duties (e.g., helping customers find product, etc.) and engages in suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage area, and selling floor.
- Cleans work area by mopping, sweeping, taking out trash and garbage, etc.
- Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers to receive orders, up sell and perform customer relation skills.
- Conduct visual inspections and read / follow guides, recipes and product labels.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 20-30 lbs. frequently, and 30-50 lbs. occasionally within the range of floor level to overhead.
- Push and pull handtrucks, carts and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, twist, climb ladders, turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand /eye coordination.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through oral and written communication.
- Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and work aides.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
- Includes such tools and equipment as knives, wrappers, scales, trash compactors, hand trucks, pallet jacks, fork lift, card board bailer and ladder.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
EEO/Inclusivity As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.