Akron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Three 12 hour midnight shifts, including weekend and holiday rotation
$6,000 Sign-On Bonus for two year work commitment
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests to aid in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Assists in the collection, processing, and analysis of test ordered by a physician. Medical Technologists can recognize interdependency of tests and have knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results which are used by the physician to determine the presence, extent and possible the cause of disease.
1. Utilizes independent judgment in performing both routine and complex laboratory tests using a variety of techniques, instrumentation, and equipment in order to assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
2. Exercises professional judgment in order to prioritize and evaluate varying test requests efficiently.
3. Follow procedures for collecting and processing Biological specimens.
4. Performs analytical testing procedures with accuracy and precision.
5. Demonstrates scientific knowledge of testing principles, analytic procedures, and their results allowing for appropriate interpretation in conjunction with disease and physiology. Integrates multiple data to resolve problems.
6. Implements and monitors quality control, new equipment, and/or methods.
7. Performs tasks efficiently and maintains work area.
8. Participates in education efforts of the department.
9. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/ social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
10. Other duties as required.
1. Prior work experience in a clinical laboratory setting including recent experience in multiple laboratory disciplines is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or other science, with successful completion of an internship in Medical Technology or equivalent experience in a laboratory as deemed appropriate by ASCP and CLIA criteria required
2. Certification: Certification or eligibility for certification by ASCP at the Technologist level or grandfather at the Technologist level prior to 2004 is required. Certification obtained within 12 months from the start date in the position is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 or more years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: