If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Dishwasher Essential Job Functions
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cooks line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dished before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to proper areas.
- Set up or break down the dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage area.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain safe and dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Executive and Sous Chefs.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.
Dishwasher Job Requirements
- Minimum 6 months dish washing experience preferred.
- Understand and maintain proper sanitation of all restaurant equipment in accordance with local and federal health regulations.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
Dishwasher Work Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen staff.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants' requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some holidays.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Clean black slip-resistant shoes and black socks.
- Clean, full length, black pressed slacks.
- White Chef coat.
- Company hat is worn during shift.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Dishwasher Job Functions Disclaimer
The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.