This is the job description for MAINT. - MECHANIC
Job Title: Mechanic
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: Oversee a comprehensive preventative maintenance program including the repair of failing equipment, recordkeeping of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, ordering of parts needed for equipment or service, communicating needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to immediate supervisor, and scheduling and executing work needed to make repairs.
1. Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects/failures in various maintenance equipment including (but not
limited to) diesel, gasoline and electrically powered equipment.
2. Instruct and/or assist in training workers regarding preventative maintenance and the proper cleaning of and
safe operation of equipment.
3. Prioritize equipment repair and maintenance work.
4. Maintain a preventative maintenance program with budget on all equipment and purchases replacement
parts and supplies.
5. Keep a complete set of records for equipment servicing, equipment condition and cost of repairs.
6. Spot check equipment for performance on the course; frequently make emergency repairs on the course and
services equipment prior to use.
7. Oversee the shop area and related storage facilities.
8. Regulate employees' use of equipment in the absence of the Chief Engineer, if needed, and performs other
duties as directed by the Superintendent.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses, and the theory,
care and operation of combustion engine and mowing equipment.
2. Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, most importantly grinding equipment for sharpening of
3. Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate solutions.
Job Qualifications: Describes the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience Minimum 6 months mechanic or small engine experience.
Licenses/Certifications Black seal license a plus
Posting ID: 74258141Posted: 2020-02-17