Job Title: Lead Kitchen Steward
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Chef
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To perform duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
1. Sweeps and mops floor once every hour as needed.
2. Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine. Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand. Runs glasses through dish machine twice.
3. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
4. Separates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers; steam-cleans or hoses-out garbage cans.
5. Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle-crushing machine.
6. Polishes silver, using burnishing-machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth, if required.
7. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand truck.
8. Sets up banquet tables, when required.
9. Washes and peels vegetables using knife or peeling machine, when required.
10. Puts away all clean utensils; puts away & rotates stock in designated areas.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
2. Understand simple instructions.
3. Learn simple procedures and techniques.
4. Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
5. Understands OSHA regulations.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required
Management Activities: Check all that apply
Interview, select and train associates
Set and adjust associates' rates of pay and hours of work
Direct the work of associates
Appraise associates' productivity and efficiency for purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status
Handle associate complaints
Plan the work
Determine the techniques to be used
Apportion the work among associates
Determine types of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment/tools used or merchandise to be bought, stocked & sold
Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
Plan and control the budget
Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
Authority to hire or fire other associates, or make suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or other change of status of other associates are given particular weight.
Discretion & Independent Judgment: Answer all questions and provide multiple specific examples.
Question Answer (If yes, give multiple examples)
Does this position have authority to formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices? No
Does this position have authority to commit the employer in matters that have significant financial impact? No
Does this position have authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures without prior approval? No
Does this position have authority to negotiate and bind the company on significant matters? No
Is this position involved in planning long or short-term business objectives? No
Does this position represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances? No
Does this position have authority to make an independent choice, free from immediate direction or supervision or make decisions or recommendations that may occasionally be reviewed, revised or reversed? No
Physical Requirements: Indicate requirements that are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Working Conditions: Indicate the environmental aspects of the job.
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 10 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical & visual requirements (check all that apply) Additional working conditions (check all that apply)
Identify and distinguish colors X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances X Extreme heat (non-weather)
Lift/carry 6-25 lbs. X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs. X Near moving or mechanical parts
Lift/carry over 50 lbs. On high precarious places
Reach hands and arms in any direction X With fumes or airborne particles
Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
In areas of strong vibration
For HR Department Use Only
Final Job Title: Lead Kitchen Steward Approved FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Approved Job Grade: Date Job Evaluated: May 1, 2014
I have been given the opportunity to review this position description and have discussed the requirements of the position with the hiring supervisor. I understand this position description represents the minimum performance requirements of the job.
Associate: ____________________________ Date: _______________
Supervisor: ____________________________ Date: _______________
Posting ID: 49478541Posted: 2020-02-19