Our drivers hold the keys to our success! As a driver for Gordon Food Service you are important to everyone - our customers, our company and your family. It's one of our Cornerstone Values - and we know you need balance in life and to feel appreciated for the time spent here with us.
What's different about Gordon Food Service?
- Our trucks are clean, safe, and well-cared for, just like we care for our drivers
- Schedules that allow you to be home regularly
- Exceptional benefits , pay, and incentives
- High-quality, well-maintained trucks
- Dedicated to your safety
- Stability - you're guaranteed a route and paid weekly. Food is always in season - and the Food Service industry is growing.
It's time for you to feel safe, valued, and respected.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Take a look at what it's like to be a local route delivery driver :
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Enjoy an established route, building great customer experiences
- Deliver groceries to each customer site - likely 12-14 drops per day
- Get a workout with loads of up to 350 lbs on a two-wheeler
- Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are met
- Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and issues
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer operations
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check
- CDL Class A required
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service standards
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in order to be considered for employment with us effective January 6th, 2020. If you have not registered through the Clearinghouse, click here to register
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Posting ID: 589298891Posted: 2020-11-25