Job Title: Business/Operational Analyst
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Assistant CFO
Job Description Date: January 1, 2016
Job Purpose: Thoroughly analyzes financial and operational key performance metrics and clearly communicates findings to stakeholders.
1. Use proprietary software (Dimension Development Hotel Accounting Program) as well as external sources to identify, generate, gather, verify, review, research, analyze, comprehend, interpret, and report on key performance indicators and financial information.
2. Analyze variances and data trends and prepare reports, charts and other outputs as required. To convert information into insightful findings and actionable recommendations to optimize existing and future operations across the company.
3. Provide high-quality recurring and ad-hoc performance reports to assist senior management with operational decisions, as required.
4. Assist the Assistant CFO with the development and maintenance of various analytical models.
5. Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes financial, operational, competitive, and customer satisfaction metrics. To analyze key business trends.
6. Work closely with all regional and property leaders to identify areas of improvement. To support and contribute expertise to projects relating to the achievement of property financial, guest service, and operational goals.
7. Assist hotel leadership with the actual implementation of new processes.
8. Assist with the preparation of annual budgets. To consolidate budget data from business unit leaders, evaluate data received and follow up directly with budget holders as appropriate. Ensure that all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
9. Serve as a super user of business intelligence tools (such as Broadvine and MicroStrategy) in the creation of dashboards and reports.
10. Research and evaluate different analysis tools, business intelligence tools, and modeling techniques to identify possible opportunities for process improvement.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Track record of problem solving complex issues and continuous process improvement skills.
2. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required, and will be tested, including pivot tables and advanced formulas. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
3. To maintain a thorough understanding of financial and operational metrics across the industry.
4. Ability to work proactively, independently and as a strategic partner in a cross-functional team environment. To establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow team members, management, external contacts, guests, and the public. Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolution.
5. Demonstrated strong analytical skills. To define and analyze problems and identify root causes. To set challenging and productive goals; prioritizing tasks, accepting responsibility, and overcoming obstacles.
6. To work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced setting, and effectively manage multiple priorities within a broad team of cross-regional and cross-functional members. To perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with frequent interruptions and distractions. To adapt to frequent changes in the workload and be able to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate while completing tasks within established timeframes.
7. To thrive in an environment that is both strategic and creative, and which requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines
8. To remain highly-driven and self-motivated. To remain positive, productive, and professional in high stress situations.
9. To maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail at all times. To be well-organized and detail-oriented in order to manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and expectations simultaneously.
10. To sustain a high level of confidentiality.
11. To demonstrate partnering, influencing, and communication skills at all levels of the organization.
12. To maintain excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a business or hospitality field, or equivalent work experience. Advanced degrees or certifications are preferred.
Experience: One year experience in the job offered or two year's experience in a business intelligence or similar analytical capacity or related role. Hospitality/Entertainment Industry experience is preferred.
Work Location: Remote or home based
Posting ID: 65844546Posted: 2020-02-19