Company Name: Quality Food Centers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the departments, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the departments. Support the day-to-day functions of the Grocery, Natural Foods, Adult Beverage and Drug/GM operations. Embrace the Our Promise strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop appropriate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Understand the store’s layout and be able to locate products.
- Implement the period promotional plan for the departments.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the departments.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Demonstrate creative merchandising.
- Condition all products in assigned sections according to company policy.
- Maintain workload to guarantee that time standards for stocking are met.
- Integrate best practice work processes into daily department operations.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify store management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (i.e., counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Must be 18 or older
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Grocery experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing.
- Completion of the WAFC Retail Management Certificate
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at QFC: QFC is seeking friendly Associates who are passionate about helping others and who want to build lasting relationships with our Customers. We look for hard working team members who will support us in our mission to put every Customer first. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. If you're interested in joining the QFC team, we encourage you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA || Issaquah || 4570 Klahanie Dr Se || 98029 || Quality Food Centers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Posting ID: 597673989Posted: 2021-01-08