Field Service Technician
- In-field installation and repairs of electronic equipment, such as antenna positioners and controllers/control systems, etc., as well as in house repairs (RMA). Install or oversee installation of equipment according to specifications. After system integration, perform acceptance testing and provide preliminary training.
- Receive priorities, schedules and job assignments from the Customer Service Manager. Complete assigned tasks within defined scope of work. Address/confirm issues and changes to designed system layout or integration with Manager or Program Manager.
- Consult with customer or supervisor, study blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine procedures and scope of work.
- Operate system to demonstrate equipment and to analyze malfunctions.
- Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- May be assigned responsibility for training other technician(s) in the various aspects of the job.
- Consult with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Responsible for assuring the quality of service delivered in support of our customers. Responsible for satisfying customer expectations within the defined scope of work and empowered to address customer concerns and consult with the Manager or Program Manager on any changes that are requested.
- 50% to 75% travel or more as to the needs of our customers.
- Proposal Support -- Site surveys, configure systems and provide block diagrams, review proposed hardware configurations for accuracy, applications support
- Schedule, coordinate or perform pre-installation surveys to identify any special needs, communicate to the customer their responsibility, and to set expectations for the installation.
- Support Customer Service who handles all hardware related product and system problems for both internal and external customers. Log/document all calls into CRM, issues RMA number, works with Customer Service Manager on the repair process, as required. When possible, work with the customer over the telephone to troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct the problem.
- Give technical and customer perspective input to product planning and product development, particularly in packaging and environmental considerations
- Document all customer contact and distribute the information to those with a need to know and place a copy into the job and/or customer file.
- Associate degree in electro/mechanical field
- Have 2-5 years of experience in RF industry - preferred
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Have a Valid Driver’s License
Vet2Tech is committed to recruiting and placing Veterans and non-Veterans in manufacturing and technical careers nationwide. Non-veteran candidates are equally considered for all positions.
Posting ID: 558193195Posted: 2020-07-06