It takes a highly organized and efficient professional to manage day-to-day operations in military medical facilities. As a Patient Administration Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will supervise and perform administrative duties to maintain accurate records and manage hospital operations, so patients can receive proper care.
In this role, your responsibilities will include compiling data for reports, scheduling office visits, and keeping patient records organized and up to date.
• Compile data and prepare required statistical reports
• Initiate correspondence pertaining to medical records, medical board proceedings, line of duty investigations, and other records and reports pertaining to patient administration
• Apply knowledge of medical terminology as it applies to anatomy and physiology
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Typing and clerical skills
• Setting up and maintaining filing and publication systems
• Preparing forms and correspondence in military style
• Ability to keep organized and accurate records
• Interest in English, mathematics, business administration, and typing
• Preference for administrative work
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as a clerk typist, secretary, general office clerk, administrative assistant, or office manager — whether it’s as a hospital administrator, or in another corporate environment. With additional study, you may qualify for certification with the American Medical Technologists as a registered medical assistant.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Patient Administration Specialists consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Training consists of both classroom and field work.