Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services
Wells Fargo Merchant Services (WFMS) is a leader in the electronic payment services industry providing a full range of credit and debit card payment acceptance solutions for merchants of all sizes. Wells Fargo is ranked as the 5th largest U.S. Acquirer and processes over $488 billion in payment volume with 7.4 billion transactions. There are 1150 team members in WFMS located across the United States.
This exciting and newly created senior leadership role will be instrumental in WFMS' continued transformation and our commitment to help customers succeed nancially by delivering on our vision and brand promise.
This highly visible position reports to the Head 0f Strategy, Insights & Customer Experience and collaborates extensively with the leaders of the WFMS business leadership team and other bank partners, including our joint venture partner, Fiserv.
The Customer Experience (CX) Strategist will be responsible for designing and driving execution of WFMS' customer experience strategy. The scope of this role covers the entire end-to-end customer experience, including lead generation, application, set-up, payment processing, servicing, account management and account closure. This experienced leader will be a driving force in the transformation of how we do business and will be instrumental in ensuring Wells Fargo becomes a leader in merchant services customer satisfaction.
A successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with functional leaders across WFMS and the enterprise to develop and maintain an integrated CX vision, creating a holistic view of CX across channels, segments, journeys and functions
- Provide CX-oriented strategic guidance to leaders within and outside WFMS
- Develop CX strategies with a focus on transformation, continuous improvement and rapid implementation of customer experience efforts
- Create and maintain CX roadmap, leveraging customer insights, competitive baselining and relentless prioritization
- Identify strategic CX initiatives and improvement opportunities; launch, accelerate or track/influence to drive timely impact to the customer experience
- Own CX economics and ensure customer impact is represented in business cases
- Partner with cross-functional teams (digital, branch, phone, marketing, ops risk, credit risk, operations, technology, fraud, legal, compliance, etc.) to develop merchant personas and journey mapping, ensuring CX initiatives will deliberately and specifically improve high-priority customer journeys
- Manage CX requirements and improvement opportunities (both overall and specific journeys)
- Be responsible for helping to orchestrate and drive the change management necessary to build strong customer experience discipline across the WFMS business
- Create and work across WFMS to implement best practices for customer engagement
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning
- 10+ years of experience customer experience strategy and design, strategic planning
- Previous experience in product development
- Strong experience and knowledge in customer experience journey mapping
- Previous senior leadership experience with the ability to build strong relationships, negotiate, collaborate and influence partners, senior managers and leaders.
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy, presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience in developing innovative solutions, particularly in digital services
- A results-driven individual with extensive experience in positions of increasing responsibility within financial services, FinTech, banking, management consulting or business services
- BS/BA degree; Master's Degree, MBA or higher preferred
- Proven ability to effectively lead change and achieve results in a matrixed organization, create a strong collaborative environment, and develop partnerships across functional and business teams
- Customer-centric approach to everything you do
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; effective in communication across a variety of audiences and constituencies
- Proven creative thinking and brainstorming, ultimately helping turn ideas into action
- Military intelligence or analytics experience including operational management, project management, mission evolution management and finance management
- Personal integrity and attitude are critical to success in this role
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic
- Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent - able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization
- Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware with the ability to find solutions
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.