A Lending Manager will lead a team with a span of control of 14 MBs originating a broad variety of products to include Refinance, Purchase, and Cash Out; Conventional, VA, FHA, Jumbo, and Home Equity in a fast paced environment.
Mortgage Bankers within CD, BSC, and HE are required to build a relationship with the customer, and through inbound and outbound consultative sales techniques, match the most appropriate Mortgage Banking product with the customer’s need. Mortgage Bankers are also required to solicit referral business from existing Client, Realtor, Corporate, and Branch relationships to build their own sources of business.
Mortgage Bankers may serve client needs in all 50 states and must be familiar with associated programs, policies, and procedures.
Consumer Direct is a nationally scoped direct-to-consumer business with teams of Mortgage Bankers located in sales centers in Phoenix, Columbus, and Milwaukee.
Consumer Direct specializes in customer retention and new customer acquisition refinance transactions, purchase money mortgages, ecommerce originations, Corporate Relocation, and Home Equity in all 50 states. Leads for Consumer Direct are sourced from centrally managed direct mail, media advertising, cross sell efforts, statement programs, Chase.com, electronic newsletters, outbound lead sourcing, and other marketing efforts.
Consumer Direct/Branch Sales Center supports the Consumer Bank in providing mortgage solutions to consumers for Retail Bank Branches that do not have an assigned loan officer —based in Downers Grove.
Consumer Direct/Home Equity also supports the Consumer Bank in providing Home Equity solutions to consumers via our Retail Bank Branches through Home Equity Centers in Milwaukee and Phoenix.
• Drive for Results – focused effort and attention on increased sales, quality, and compliance; organize efforts to best attain results; anticipate roadblocks, analyze metrics, and identify trends to ensure targets are met.
• Coaching – transfer skill sets to MBs via coaching, role modeling, and counsel; teach others how to improve performance and/or enhance competency; help staff to understand and put together an effective and compliant file and application.
• Focus on the customer – understand what drives customer satisfaction, transfer that knowledge and coach MBs to those key drivers take action on results in the form of recognition and change of behavior.
• Problem Solving Skills – identify effective alternatives and solutions for problems encountered in structuring a loan or processing the application; understand connections and implications of various actions and alternatives; select the best option using sound and customer-oriented criteria.
• Mortgage and Mortgage Banking Expertise – understand and apply mortgage products and product guides/procedures; understand and demonstrate knowledge of the diversity of Chase products/services and the advantages of each; understand state and local market needs and priorities of the clients; remain current with the mortgage industry and business/economic trends; demonstrate proficiency using automated programs/software to support the lending process; and effectively handle “problem” applications and escalations.
• Prioritizing – identify priorities and use time effectively to support the team by considering goals, needs, and current events; create focus in times of change; understand what will help or hinder progress and directing effort toward value-added activities.
• Strategic Sales Orientation – understand various lending markets and how to successfully navigate each; know what differentiates Chase in the state or local market and how to leverage those differentiators; understand National, State, and local competitors, current best practices, and typical loan structures.
• Composure - remain positive, focused, and even tempered in a fast paced, time sensitive environment and in challenging situations such as loan escalations.
• Networking Skills – develop and leverage networks of contacts, partners, and referral sources to support sales and build the brand; identify business opportunities by building referral sources; coordinate with closing partners to facilitate loan approval and processing.
• Adaptability – continually observe the market and the team to determine where assistance would be most helpful and direct attention and effort to areas of greatest need; work within structure and yet readily adapt to changes in it; manage multiple, customized loans in various stages of completion; adjust sales strategies/lead source and team focus in light of business/economic trends.
• Collaboration – share information and expertise with Bank partners, Vendors, Operations and UW Partners, and team members; work together to achieve work goals; be candid and honest with coworkers and referral sources; understand the roles, priorities, and goals of other stakeholders in the mortgage process (including internal partners, customers, and referral sources).
• Team Building – create effective teams by recruiting quality employees, understand individual strengths and weaknesses, identify and communicate a common goal and purpose, share information and “wins”, respecting/valuing the contributions of each team member; encourage cooperation and integration of effort.
• Technical acumen - strong SME skills to interact with Training, Project Management, and Technical Developers to define business requirements leading to technical solutions. Demonstrate knowledge of Telephony/Call Center Management and associated System technology to maintain and lead new business initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leadership of a team of 14 MBs – manage recruiting, training, development, communication, lead source adaptability
• Drive Production
• Proficiency in all aspects of coaching Mortgage Telephone Sales – call/lead, lead/app, app/fund
• Proficiency in pipeline management – Doc Collection, Pre-Op, Conditional Approval, Suspend/decline
• Sales Development with Clients, Realtors, and Bank Branch Partners
• Demonstrated Expertise in Products, Procedures, Compliance, and Originations Systems in all 50 States
Knowledge and Experience:
• Prefer 5+ years of Mortgage Sales experience, Contact Center/Sales Experience preferred
• Prefer College Graduates.
• Proven ability to lead, coach, and mentor at all position levels
• Demonstrated ability in providing superior customer service
• Demonstrated experience in providing sales coaching preferred
• Strong attention to details skills
• Solid knowledge of Federal and State regulatory policies and procedures.
• Strong PC skills, including Excel, Word, Loan Origination Systems a plus, etc
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
For many, owning a home is the ultimate dream and we’re here to help customers make responsible choices throughout the home buying process through our online tools and advice. Whether purchasing a first home or vacation home, refinancing an existing loan or tapping into a home equity line of credit, we offer comprehensive services to help homeowners at every stage of their journey.