Provide optimum assistance to nurses and physicians in maintaining preventative and restorative health needs for patients. Provide quality, conscientious, cost effective and competent care in the areas of cardiac diagnostic and respiratory services for the inpatient and outpatient population including infant, child, adolescent adult and older adult patients. Qualifications
- Graduate of an approved school of Respiratory Therapy required
- Certified by National Board of Respiratory Therapy within 12 months of graduation required
- CPR certification yearly required
- Previous health care experience preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to function in autonomous/independent role; is highly motivated and self-directed.
- Accurately and safely perform fundamental diagnostic procedures according to the department policies and procedures.
- Perform basic and advanced therapeutic procedures for infant, child, adolescent adult and older adult patients according to guidelines established in the department policy and procedure manual.
- Communicate necessary changes in the patient therapy to nursing staff and department head or designee in a timely manner.
- Provide effective education to patients, patient's family members and co-workers as appropriate
- Perform emergency and acute pulmonary and cardiology procedures according to department policies and procedures.
- Maintain clinical and professional competency.
- Demonstrate competency for age specific categories for both respiratory and cardiology procedures according to their training qualifications.
- Assemble, check and correct malfunction of department equipment.
- Assist with clerical work in the Cardiopulmonary Department.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Posting ID: 584298050Posted: 2020-12-10