This Emergency Department (ED) Nurse Manager operates in accordance with the mission, vision, values, objectives and policies of Passavant Area Hospital, in collaboration with Memorial Health System. The ED Nurse Manager assumes 24 hour accountability for the management and patient care of the Emergency Department. He/she assures that care provided is appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his/her department and that staff competency requirements include age-specific components. The ED Nurse Manager creates and maintains a work environment conductive to effective communication, collaboration, team building and professionalism in order to provide every patient with a great patient experience. Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing is required. Master's degree in nursing preferred.
- RN registered in the state of Illinois.
- CPR and ACLS certifications required. TNS and PALS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in acute care nursing as a registered nurse with demonstrated leadership/management skills, with at least 3 of those years of clinical experience in emergency department.
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills - ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization demonstrating tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Positive, proactive, service oriented and thrive in a fast paced environment. Change agent.
- Critical thinking, decision-making and proven relationship building skills. Strong interpersonal skills: Must be able to build relationships quickly, and connect well with patients, employees and physicians.
- Demonstrate process improvement skill with preferred experienced in Lean Six Sigma.
- Advanced multi-tasking capabilities - must be able to effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program model and standards.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of patient care in the emergency department.
- Monitor clinical and throughput outcomes and implement plans for process improvement. Identify process improvement opportunities and use appropriate lean six sigma tools and techniques to evaluate potential solutions. Establish collaborative approach to process improvement by engaging staff in process. Promote and instill accountability into all areas of practices.
- Maintain the operational aspects of the emergency department on a 24 hour basis in collaboration with administration
- Actively engage in leadership activities that create and/or promote practices that support Passavant's strategic goals.
- Ensures proper scheduling of staff to provide quality patient care within budget requirements.
- Promote staff retention and facilitate staff participation in developing unit and employee goals and support process to fulfill and evaluate them. This is to include performance evaluations discussions and documentation with each employee in compliance with Passavant's policy.
- Manage the fiscal budget including yearly planning for capital budget needs, review and evaluate monthly expenditures, operating statements and take action to address variances as necessary. Actively participates in budget preparation.
- Comply with standards of accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 594946789Posted: 2020-12-23