Regional Account Director (Boston/Philadelphia/Baltimore)
Corporate Office - Newton, MA
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Sales; the Regional Account Director- BTS is responsible for managing a select group of B2B and Local accounts for a defined cluster of hotels within a region. The Regional Account Director will serve as a trusted advisor for internal and external clients to optimize fair share delivery to Sonesta Hotels in addition to the following key responsibilities: Handle BT responsibilities for clustered hotels and be point of contact for all BT accounts, local and national. Responsible for all related BT duties/task (Rate & System maintenance/VIP coordination, exception processing, B2B and end user customer service) Will represent hotel(s) for any tradeshow, market solicitation activities. On-site/In-Market mandatory sales activity required every 6 weeks. Manage a limited number of global sales accounts for Sonesta portfolio of hotels.
We are looking for motivated, independent, sales -professional with a successful track record within a global sales organization and demonstrated ability to build mutually beneficial complex customer relationships. The successful candidate will be extremely self-driven, possess excellent communication and customer-relations skills and have solid business acumen. The role is a remote position requiring frequent travel throughout the US.
As key enablement tools, the candidate will successfully embed corporate and local initiatives and strategies that will increase Sonesta's visibility and improve year over year share of B2B business to Sonesta Hotels. The position requires a proactive approach and carefully crafted account plans to achieve desired results. The Regional Account Director will also be measured on successful collaboration with varying stakeholders to include leadership, revenue management, regional sales and if applicable a BTS Advisory Board.
The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. The successful candidate will employ proactive measures to achieve the desired account and revenue objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively promote the Sonesta brand to corporate travel decision makers
- Be fully capable of utilizing primary online tools for RFP solicitation and negotiations including Lanyon, Prologic, Sabre, Delphi FDC, etc. Be able to analyze market conditions and account specific data to determine current account status and alter individual account strategies, as needed.
- Manage the transient processes for assigned hotels system to maximize revenue opportunity
- Leads on-site inspections by customers, performs outside sale calls to develop leads.
- Manages and negotiates account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Manages and update Salesforce daily.
- Formulates and submits formal and informal sales proposals to prospective customers in the field, at the hotel, and over the phone.
- Follow company direction, process, and expectations of assigned hotels.
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts.
- Ensure all due dates/deadlines are met and other duties as assigned.
- Strategy and Planning:
- Analyze sales statistics with Leadership, to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and sales goals.
- Awareness of competition, top accounts, rates and sales strategies on an ongoing basis. Stays abreast of trends in the market.
- Ability to coordinate and participate in Sales Blitzes and completes follow up in a timely manner with potential corporate clients.
- Develop a sales plan that addresses new business development, product management from a sales and marketing perspective, strategic sales alliances, and partnerships with companies.
- Ability to set up and lead customer business reviews on a quarterly basis; collaborating with other Sales and Operations teams as appropriate.
- Having a deep knowledge of managed business travel programs, decision making and booking processes for local and national accounts.
- Develop strong working relationships with Sonesta International Hotel DOSMs and regional teams to ensure collaborative management approach and seamless interactions with customers.
- Financial Management:
- Manage and optimize annual revenue goal and to achieve YOY key account revenue growth (room nights, ADR and revenue).
- Ability to work with Revenue Management to provide guidance on global pricing for customers under management and to share information related to customer feedback on future year expectations.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Oversee designated portfolio of managed accounts, strategic relationships in the B2B space and represent Sonesta in key industry associations
- Acquire new accounts that fit the hotel portfolio and drive incremental impact
- Manage TMC relationships as it relates to corporate accounts
- Promote and reposition the Sonesta brand to decision makers by analyzing needs, mapping business opportunities, creating strategies and measuring growth realized at Sonesta.
- Promoting and repositioning the Sonesta brand to corporate travel decision makers by analyzing needs, mapping business opportunities, creating strategies and measuring growth realized at Sonesta International relative to account level results.
- Customize and effectively socialize Sonesta's value proposition to meet the needs of the Business Travel Buyer.
- Ensuring client and hotel satisfaction by facilitating positive, long-term relationships with both customers and Sonesta Hotels International.
- Network at key industry events and trade shows.
- Responsible for individual performance and incremental contribution to Sonesta hotels.
- Responsibly collaborate with hotel teams to activate shared account events and activities.
- Responsible for effectively managing time commitments.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding revenue and room night targets.
- Candidate is expected to learn and understand roles, responsibilities and business of the clients with whom we partner with.
- Responsible for using the appropriate account management tools to effectively track activities, opportunities and follow up.
- Responsible for achieving the desired ROI on tradeshow and industry events.
Leading with Passion
- Function as the Voice of the Customer to represent customer insights to key corporate personnel and Sonesta senior leadership.
- Utilize and collaborate with resources across different departments within the corporate office as appropriate.
- Lead by example and operate with integrity and respect.
- Work to achieve goals while overcoming competitive obstacles and planning alternate ways to win.
- Show strong passion and commitment about reaching targets.
- Celebrate individual and team success.
- Maintain a positive, "can do" attitude and a versatile approach to change.
- Appreciates the diversity of our team members, guests, vendors and surrounding community. Is always committed to ensuring a positive and safe work environment.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support their competencies therein.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- 2-4 years of property level sales experience
- A successful track record of sales success and team development.
- Multi-brand hotel experience is advantageous
- Must possess the ability and willingness to travel 20%-30% of the time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Possess selling skills that are transferable to multiple segments within the hotel industry
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to deliver presentations in a concise, well-organized manner.
- Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis, solid experience using Agency 360 and ability to obtain and review customer RFP documents.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of job-related processes and systems (i.e. IT systems specific to sales, like Sales Force and Delphi. Knowledge of distribution channels used to source transient business today (Lanyon, Prologic, Sabre).
- Valid driver license, passport, serviceable automobile, proof of insurance and approved to work in USA
- Position is remote/home based, requiring a dedicated home office. Experience working remote preferred. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristics required by law.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Posted 2 Days Ago
At Sonesta , we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests' experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you'll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.