DescriptionUPMC Chautauqua is currently hiring a Full Time Telecommunications Supervisor to join their team! This position may work day shifts on weekdays, weekends, and holidays depending on business need.
Under the general direction of the Manager, this supervisory position requires a high degree of managerial experience supervising staff in a 24/7 call center environment. Ability to perform, manage and mentor staff with regard to all tasks required to provide services to meet client needs and business needs within budget and targeted deadlines. Provide a high level of customer service and support in conjunction with vendors and other hospital departments as necessary. This position is responsible for the supervision/direction of the Call Center Operators. This position also requires acting as a Call Center Operator and following all guidelines for this position. Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and redirect to the appropriate location, providing information, placing calls, and activating pagers
- Respond to long-range or in-house pager repairs, replacements and batteries, logging the report, and trouble shooting.
- Works to improve productivity and enhance efficiencies in Telecommunications.
- Acts as liaison between answering service clients, departments and nursing staff.
- Provides training for employees and monitors their progress.
- Assist with Kronos timekeeper and time and attendance tracking.
- Makes recommendations to Manager to increase efficiencies throughout the department.
- Performs tasks assigned by Manager and provides weekly status updates.
- Completes schedules in order to support 24/7 requirements.
- Assists with completing inventory for telephone equipment, ensures adequate stock of spares on hand and repairs are done in a timely fashion.
- Performs all responsibilities according to the philosophy of the UPMC Health System such that the needs of our customers are fulfilled.
- Assists in maintaining training sessions.
- Must be available to fill in for open shifts due to PTO, UTO, ITO, etc..
- Monitors inventory of all system components and makes minor repairs when necessary.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- High School diploma.
- Minimum two-year's supervisory skills and customer service background.
- Prefer answering service and PBX experience.
- Must possess proficient spelling/grammar skills, must be able to communicate effectively with all age groups and populations of external and internal customers as well as co-workers on all communication systems in Telecommunications.
- Must possess proficient typing (40 wpm) and spelling/grammar skills.
- Continuing Education: Attends mandatory safety, compliance and other meetings required by Telecommunications and hospital guidelines. Attends in-service and training classes, as required
More than just competitive pay and benefits, our Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life. Designed to help you achieve your goals, Total Rewards support our belief that you're at your best when you're receiving the support you need in all areas of life: professional, personal, financial, and more.
No matter where we work or what we do, we're driven by common values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. UPMC's values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive, experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct
Posting ID: 581333179Posted: 2020-10-21