Alpha Orthopedic Systems was founded on the Arthrex principles of helping surgeons treat their patients better. We have dedicated our business to helping advance surgeons' training in minimally invasive orthopedics. Our team of professional representatives, along with our staff of experienced managers and education personnel, combine to offer over 200 years of surgical representative experience, knowledge, and resource for our customers.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Sales Representative is responsible for achieving predetermined sales goals and quotas within his or her assigned territory. Sales Representatives must establish, build, and maintain customer relations through constant communications and in-person appointments. This position is specifically responsible for maintaining expert knowledge of our market leading product portfolio. You will be consulting surgeons in the operating room regarding the use of our implants and instruments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the territory. Represent Alpha Orthopedic Systems, LLC, an independent regional distributor authorized to sell Arthrex products, by working with a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals. Arthrex is a world-class leader in the orthopedic industry.
- Increase territory results by building and maintaining strong business relationships, and by developing and implementing sales strategies.
- Communicate with current and new customer accounts regarding a variety of topics, including product updates, changes to product portfolio, and educational programs.
- Implement new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to position the organization competitively and to meet/exceed territory objectives.
- Identify the needs of new prospects and develop appropriate responses (written, telephone and face-to-face).
- Cross-sell additional products or manage new product introductions as they become available.
- Address any problems that arise at the account.
- Support compliance and the principles of responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information; protecting the assets of the organization; acting with ethics and integrity; reporting non-compliance; and adhering to applicable federal, state & local laws and regulations, accreditation & license requirements, and company policies & procedures.
- Work with Territory Leaders by providing coaching, training or mentoring; transfer knowledge to peer Sales Representatives and to
- Sales Associates when needed.
- Maintain training in sales skills, product features/benefits, and other critical business applications.
- Collect competitive data and remain current on industry, customer, and competitive trends.
- Participate in and attend sales meetings and professional association meetings outside of regular business hours, as required.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, BS in Science Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to relate to customers and constituents within the orthopedic/sports medicine market
- 2-5 years demonstrated sales success in competitive B2B industry.
- Experience as a representative in the orthopedic industry is a plus.
- Must be comfortable in surgery/operating room environments.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- MS Office required.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills are required.
- Strong sense of urgency is important.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Current Driver's license
- Access to your own transportation
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor's Degree Required
Additional Information / Benefits
Competitive Salary / Commissions
Travel, benefits, 401K
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan