About J.P. Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.687 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan is seeking an Energy Market Strategist to be based in New York, reporting to the Head of Commodities Research and supporting external clients (corporate and investors) and internal clients (Sales, Trading and Banking) in North America. The role is at the level of an Vice President. Key responsibilities
- Day-to-day processing and providing analytical assessment of market events, data flow, and news primarily focused on North American crude and energy product markets
- Work collaboratively with other members of the oil, natural gas, and commodities research team to prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly flagship publications and other ad hoc research reports
- Build new analytical frameworks (fundamental, econometric, etc.) where necessary and maintain/update/improve the existing frameworks
- Being able to respond rapidly to market events and news
- Marketing of energy market views to the bank’s US-based internal and external clients
- Development, in collaboration with the global energy team, of near-to-medium-term research projects and trade strategies
- Ideally would have 4-5 years of work experience in building and writing about oil/energy analytical frameworks at energy research firms, investment banks, investment funds, multilateral organizations
- Experience in analysis and forecasting of North American oil supply is critical
- Applicants should have at least a first degree in Engineering, Geology, Economics or Mathematics
- Excellent writing (in English) and communication skills are essential
- Ability to tailor research views to specific audiences (external clients, traders, salespeople, officials)
- Willingness to a reasonable amount of travel
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Clients turn to our industry-leading Markets, Sales and Research team to offer clients unique market insights on sectors and companies, and actionable ideas using research to make well-informed investment decisions. Teams understand products across asset classes and help clients structure solutions that manage risk, enhance yield and solve complex financial problems.