We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- In concert with the President and other members of Senior Management Team, bring high-level leadership, vision, collaboration, and creativity to the work and ongoing impact of the organization.
- Responsible for shaping the vision and strategy for policy and political/electoral programs and advocacy campaigns, including those executed through partnerships with state and local organizations across the country. Oversee implementation of company and company Action Fund programs and ensure appropriate integration, promoting alignment across all state and local initiatives.
- Responsible for incubating and documenting innovative local and state initiatives, as well as supporting the program team in piloting experiments with high potential for strategic impact and scaling up.
- Ensure the organization is documenting promising practices and innovative strategies and work collaboratively with senior staff to share these through appropriate channels to a range of audiences, including other advocates and movement colleagues, institutional and individual donors, and the media.
- Responsible for managing key strategic partnerships and developing new partnerships to advance mutual goals.
- As a complement to the President's role, represent company and company Action Fund externally with coalition partners, funders, and other audiences.
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for company and company Action Fund's mission and programs.
- Leadership of special projects: Scope, plan, and execute strategic organizational projects as agreed upon.
- At least 8-10 years of experience demonstrating senior-level responsibility, including management responsibilities
- Experience with state-level advocacy and/or electoral campaigns (knowledge about both a must; 501c(4) experience a strong plus)
- Knowledge of state-level policy and political landscape and ability to apply a political lens to programmatic/policy work (municipal-level policy experience a strong plus)
- Passion for and commitment to company and company Action Fund mission, fluency in the pertinent issues, and the ability to articulate the case for the mission and programs
- Demonstrated experience leading sustainable processes and building teams to achieve measurable impact and results
- Proven track record working in a senior management environment and programmatic leadership across interdisciplinary departments
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, including the ability to influence and build buy in
- Strong management skills with proven success in supervision and staff development
- Exceptional judgment, maturity, and demonstrated leadership
- Enthusiasm for working with a team, as well as the ability to drive new initiatives and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- BA degree required; advanced degree preferable
Posting ID: 566867049Posted: 2020-08-08