Canopy by Hilton's culture is defined by who we are and how we interact with each other, our guests, our partners, and our neighbors. Our culture, "Positively Yours," is much more than a slogan. It's our underlying attitude, the story of who we are and how we approach everything.
At the core of Canopy by Hilton’s culture is the Positive Stay Promise. An ideal Enthusiast sets the tone for creating the “Positively Yours” culture at our hotel and is committed to delivering the lifestyle experiences our guests want.
The beautiful new Canopy Jersey City Arts District is looking for an exceptional candidate as its Server at Canopy Bar & Bistro.
Job Title: Server
REPORTS TO: Food & Drink Director/Lead Food & Drink Enthusiast
Ensure that all guests are served to the hotel’s standard in Canopy Bar & Bistro. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome at all times within all food and beverage areas.
Take orders for and serve food and beverages to guests as per the hotel’s standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
F&B SERVER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests and present them with the menu.
- Inform guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and offer upsell options.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld point of sale ( POS ) system.
- Obtain revenues, issue receipts, accept payments, return the change.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Fill in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. E.g.: No Garlic, less spicy, without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Coordinate with the kitchen staff and bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest according to their order.
- Observe guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintain proper dining experience, deliver items, fulfil customer needs, offer desserts and drinks, remove courses, replenish utensils, refill glasses.
- Prepare beverages when necessary for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understand and communicate products and services available at the hotel.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Assist other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and perform cash drops.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous serving experience required.
Excellent oral communication skills required.
Positive interpersonal skills required.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 571544902Posted: 2020-10-23