SMBC Group is a member of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT - To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Job Locations US-NJ-Jersey City
Posting Date 5 days ago (7/23/2020 6:51 PM)
Career Category Information Technology
Position ID DJOB
Corporate Title VP
JRIA is seeking a Senior Network Engineer t o Support the bank's LAN /WAN and SAN network. Also support network security operations network during core support hours (07:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday). Work with the Architecture and Engineering and other functional groups within the bank to implement engineering solutions to meet the project and ad-hoc requirements of the organization.
JRI America, Inc., ("JRI-A"), is a subsidiary of the Japanese IT financial services company, Japan Research Institute Ltd ("JRI"), which is the specialist IT subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group ("SMFG"). SMFG which owns Japan's second-largest bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation ("SMBC") by asset size and a Fortune Global 200 company offers a broad range of financial services, primarily banking-related. The group is also engaged in leasing, securities, credit cards, mortgage securitization, venture capital and other credit related businesses and employs over 60,000 people worldwide and has a stated strategic objective of further global expansion. JRI-A provides information technology services in the Western Hemisphere (including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa) that support the Group's operations.
· Support the bank's LAN /WAN and SAN network network during core support hours (07:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday).
· Work with the Architecture and Engineering and other functional groups within the bank to implement engineering solutions to meet the project and ad-hoc requirements of the organization.
· Implement Policy on the banks WEB service devices I.E. Palo Alto, Checkpoint and F5 devices.
· Implement configurations on other security and load balancing appliances.
· Support network and data center installations including racking, stacking and cabling of various types of equipment.
· Ensure all design, implementation, support and maintenance activities adhere to the bank's system development life cycle.
· Ensure adherence to the bank's standards and strategies; all technical documentation is maintained to an appropriate level and reflects the as-installed environment.
· Assist in problem determination activities, leveraging the bank's fault reporting system;
Ensure faults reported via the bank's fault reporting system are monitored, managed and progressed.
· Ensure faults reported via the bank's fault reporting system are updated with sufficient narrative to ensure a complete audit trail of a fault's life-cycle; Ensure alerts generated by the bank's pro-active monitoring systems are managed and progressed.
· Ensure carrier maintenance notifications are managed and progressed.
· Provide support to 1st level support staff;
· Be prepared to work unsociable hours and weekends, and be contactable when away from the office.
· Be prepared to work a rotating 8 hour day schedule between 07:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday.
· Be prepared to work at varying locations day to day as work / project load dictates. Participate in rotating oncall schedule.
· Develop technical skills pertinent to role
· Provide timely progress reporting to the Network Manager;
and, Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Network Manager.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
· Minimum of 6 years industry experience in a similar environment.
· Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Cisco platforms; specifically with Cisco 4400 and 1001 ISR/ASR routers, 4500 series switches, Nexus switches and indepth knowledge of various Cisco operating systems, including all compatible supervisor and line cards for these platforms.
Cisco SAN experience highly desirable.
· Experience with various security products such as Checkpoint Firewalls, Palo Alto appliances, Cisco ASA and knowledge of ITSEC priciples is highly desired.
· Experience with F5 load balancers is highly desirable.
· Experience with industry standard security practices.
· Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
· Configuring load balancers, troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and OSPF and large scale network design and maintenance is critical.
· Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: MPLS, DMVPN, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), Ethernet, 802.2/3, 802.1d, 802.1q, IP, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IGMP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DHCP, DNS.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, written and communication skills
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts and apply that knowledge effectively
· Ability to work both independently and with a team to accomplish multiple tasks and projects
· Ability to create technical documentation and network diagrams as deliverables to customers in a timely manner
· Work with little supervision and is self-motivated · Ability to multitask · Experience with production troubleshooting
· Experience with integration of vendor products into a complex corporate IT environment
· Vendor Management experience
· Project management skills
· Strong understanding of WINDOWS and UNIX environments .
· Experience with mission critical multicast systems is highly desired.
· Technical writing abilities a big plus.
· Experience working with UNIX and Windows OS.
· Past work experience within a financial IT environment
Valid Passport and Drivers license required as travel to remote sites outside of the Tri-State area will be necessary and acceptable to qualified candidate. Position does involve some physical labor so a qualified candiate must be able to lift moderate weight (40lbs). The position also involves working out of hours and weekends as needed through multiple sites in the Tri- state area.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial group. Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC Group offers a diverse range of financial services, including banking, leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Group has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is the holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the three largest banking groups in Japan. SMFG's shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.
In the Americas, SMBC Group has a presence in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. Backed by the capital strength of SMBC Group and the value of its relationships in Asia, the Group offers a range of commercial and investment banking services to its corporate, institutional, and municipal clients. It connects a diverse client base to local markets and the organization's extensive global network. The Group's operating companies in the Americas include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. (SMBC), SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SMBC Capital Markets, Inc., SMBC Rail Services LLC, Manufacturers Bank, JRI America, Inc., SMBC Leasing and Finance, Inc., Banco Sumitomo Mitsui Brasileiro S.A., and Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd.
SMBC is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability