Overview Ready to intern with us?!
Froehling & Robertson, Inc., (F&R)
has been proudly engineering stability in the country since 1881. In addition to being one of the oldest , independent testing/engineering companies, F&R is also a minority-owned business offering competitive compensation/benefits , and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect for all! Our shared F&R/Employee values include: fairness, integrity, and high ethical standards. F&R wants YOU.
We’re always on the lookout for FRESH and ENERGIZED talent; individuals and professionals who are not afraid to get their boots and hats a little dirty from the ruffles of the journey to engineering stability together. Come be a part of this talented and dedicated team.
Join stability. Intern now! Who we are looking for in an intern:
Our Hunt Valley branch is looking for Summer 2020 Interns! Interns will be exposed to construction projects in either the private sector or government. They will interact directly with experienced technical personnel including project managers (some of which are engineers and PE’s.) You may have the opportunity to interact directly with clients, contractors, and owners during the course of Summer. Additionally, our interns will be exposed to construction documentation such as plans, specifications, testing specifications and standards. Responsibilities Including, but not limited to:
For CMT you will:
- Mainly focused on performing quality control and quality assurance construction materials testing and special inspections in the field and/or the laboratory.
- Other support duties as assigned, which may include supporting project managers with project reporting and summaries.
For Geotech you will:
Qualifications What you need to have:
- Mainly be focused on site recon, boring layouts, drilling support, and soil analysis and classification.
- Other support duties as assigned, which may included supporting project managers with subsurface geotechnical reports.
- Unofficial copy of your academic transcript, if applicable
- Prior experience not required
- Candidates in college working toward a degree in the engineering, geology, or earth sciences are preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail required
- Hours may vary depending on project requirements and site conditions
- Must be willing to participate in and pass F&R’s pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening and good standing driving record
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other reason protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
F&R participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States. EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.
Posting ID: 560018235Posted: 2020-07-01