HumanHire is working with a client who has been facilitating a wide range of support to people with mental illness for more than 45 years. This position is responsible for answering phones, sorting mail, preparing outgoing mail, filing, typing, creating spreadsheets, copying, operating a facsimile machine, transcribing dictation, transporting documents to regional sites and the home office, ordering supplies, and attending to other administrative duties in support of staff.
Hours - 9AM-5PM
Location: Jamaica, NY
• Operates multiple lines telephone and relays incoming, outgoing and inter-office calls and performs miscellaneous departmental communications and clerical duties.
• Responsible for general clerical duties and file and record maintenance.
• Maintains space for closed files, forms and correspondence.
• Performs word processing, spreadsheet operations and data base operations using MS Office software.
• Prepares all reports and correspondence as directed by the Program Manager.
• Opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares out-going mail.
• Greets all visitors, guests and vendors.
• Operates office equipment such as facsimile machine, copier and postage meter.
• Aids in general management of center including running errands as assigned.
• Participates in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and follows guidelines that promote workplace safety.
• Reports to and departs from work on time, as scheduled, and accurately reflects all time on timecard.
• Comply with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures including HIPAA standards.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of receptionist or clerical experience.
• Experienced on creating written documentation that is legible, clear, and concise.
Posting ID: 563041002Posted: 2020-08-04