Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up - and we're looking for an experienced Veterinary Medical Director to join our team. We currently have four clinics in NYC and o ur next expansion will be to Long Island in the Nassau County area with an anticipated opening for the start of 2021!
We're focused on urgent care, so we're there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind - they're warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Our Veterinary Medical Director will lead our clinic's medical operations. You will ensure patients receive a high standard of care and clinic team members work collaboratively in a positive workplace environment. You should be client-oriented, an excellent communicator, and a natural mentor.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the primary veterinarian at one of our clinics.
- Provide high-quality veterinary care, while delivering excellent customer service.
- Lead the veterinary team in fulfilling our mission and goals.
- Mentor, develop, and lead clinic team members to excel.
- Create a positive workplace environment.
- Serve as an interdepartmental liaison.
- Develop medical SOPs.
- A DVM/VMD degree with a NY State veterinary license.
- 3+ years experience in general medicine and surgery.
- Previous leadership experience.
- A passion for Bond Vet's mission to provide a superior vet experience for both patients and employees.
- The ability to multi-task with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- The desire to elevate others.
You'll Fit In If:
- You're a team player.
- You're analytical and are driven by insights gleaned from data.
- You're a hands-on leader who can bring a vision to life.
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You don't shy away from a thoughtful debate.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- We're obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We're knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We're all in this together - our team, pet owners, and the animal - and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we're transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We're empowered. We're building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You:
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do." We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don't skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority - our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We're looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you've made it this far, you're probably looking for something different than what's already out there. So were we - let's meet.
- Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.