Job ID: 16906
About the Company:
AMETEK, Inc., (NYSE: AME) (www.ametek.com) is a publicly traded company and leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of approximately $5 billion. AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world. The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK Hughes-Treitler (HT) (www.hughes-treitler.com) is the industry leader in high-performance, plate-fin, Aluminum/Inconel heat exchangers for Military and Commercial Engine, Rotary, Airframe, and similar applications. HT specializes in custom build-to-specification applications where thermal performance, weight, structural and reliability are key considerations. HT provides Engine Surface Coolers, Fuel-Cooled Oil Coolers, Air-Cooled Oil Coolers, high temperature Buffer/Pre-Coolers, and bundled Heat Exchanger/ Fan/Blower/Duct systems for the most challenging applications/requirements.
Finance isn't just about the numbers; it's about supporting the entire business. As such, the Sr. Accountant is a key member of the accounting staff reporting directly to the Controller. This position provides cost accounting and financial support to the manufacturing facility in Garden City, NY. The position will be responsible for the direction, review, and management of both cost accounting responsibilities and some controlling responsibilities of the facility. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for maintaining a cost control environment that complies with the Company's internal control policies and Sarbanes-Oxley. The Sr. Accountant will directly support the Controller and assist in any ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sharp accountant that is hands-on and highly detail-oriented looking to take the next step into a role that will challenge their analytical abilities. This position will be responsible for producing financial analysis and explaining variances and anomalies by researching issues. Candidates from public accounting or cost accounting backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Our ideal candidate is one looking for growth opportunities and career development.
We offer an inspiring work environment and atmosphere in which you can make a difference every day. Our enterprising culture is characterized by a strong customer orientation, quality focus, strong drive for results, openness and decisiveness. If you have the desire to turn ideas into practice, then you may be a candidate to join the AMETEK Hughes-Treitler team.
• Applies principles of finance and cost accounting to various accounting duties related to the Business Unit's financial and operational planning and reporting.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the manufacturing plant's cost accounting systems and cost controls.
• Responsible for the financial coordination, administration and analysis of manufacturing operations. This involves analyzing sales and cost of sales, labor reporting, product costing, and monthly material usage variances and inventory adjustments.
• Responsible for the overall planning, coordination, and participation of the physical inventories as well as the analysis of the results. Responsible for the monthly accounting and reconciling of the financial to perpetual inventory. Coordination responsibility extends not only to production departments but to outside stockrooms and vendors.
• Responsibility includes ability to develop computer driven reports as well as the ability to analyze and interpret the resulting data.
• Responsible for the coordination and analysis of direct labor reporting within the business unit.
• Preparing recurring monthly journal entries related to inventory, labor reporting, cost of sales and other various entries.
• Responsible for standard cost duties as follows:
o Review and load material standard costs into ERP database.
o Perform assembly cost roll ups.
o Analyze cost changes, margin impact and inventory value adjustment effect.
o Perform standard cost update process.
o Develop and monitor labor and overhead rates for department / cost center.
o Work with manufacturing engineering to insure cost and rate accuracy.
o Review cost routings for reasonableness.
o Preparation and analysis of the information required for the annual standard cost updates.
• Responsible for actual to standard manufacturing variance analysis as follows:
o Analyze and verify monthly labor utilization and efficiency.
o Review and investigate purchase price and material usage variances.
o Work with marketing and purchasing to establish proper cost on new parts and assemblies.
• Responsible for review, reporting and analysis of inventories, inventory reserves, slow moving inventories, obsolete inventories, scrap, and inter-company transfers.
• Assist with both internal and external audits.
• Monitor and report on daily cycle count process.
• Oversight of the process and reconciliation of the annual physical inventory.
• Assist in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
• Assist in analysis of product costs, overhead absorption, abnormal fixed cost expenditures, etc.
• Daily interface with manufacturing personnel and production planners. Assist planning and scheduling to improve inventory controls and internal programs.
• Participate in the preparation of cost price data packages for government contract proposals.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Minimum 3 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience in a standard cost environment.
• CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred, MBA or CMA a plus.
• Due to ITAR Restrictions, an export license may be required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office including advanced skills in Excel
• Prior experience with Oracle and HFM a plus
• Prior experience within Aerospace & Defense industry a plus
• Government cost accounting experience a plus
• SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
• A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
• Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product.
• Strong communication, presentation, leadership, interpersonal, planning and problem-solving skills
• Must have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles
• Well organized and self-directed with the ability to relate to all levels of an organization
• Must be a team player with high energy
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.