Allied Universal is looking to hire a Regional Human Resources Manager. This position is responsible for employee relations, employment compliance, unemployment claims, and monitoring of employment status for the employees of that designated area. With a focus on investigations, manager and supervisor training, and compliance. This position will ensure all recruitment processes, practices, compliance, technology, and tools are used in the field to maintain stated region goals pertaining to non-billable overtime (NBOT), Security Officer Turnover, and Account Manager Turnover.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Investigation of, response to, and documentation of employee complaints, including potential legal issues, EEOC charges, and focus groups.
- Monitoring of NBOT; Working with Recruiters in finding proactive solutions in staffing positions.
- Monitoring and assuring compliance in hiring practices, personnel documentation, and other compliance items (e.g. licensing, performance evaluations, LDW report, etc.).
- Training of account managers and supervisors in employee relations, positive employment practices, and avoidance of legal issues.
- Monitoring of employee terminations, assessment of documentation supporting terminations, and responses to the Department of Labor for unemployment claims.
- Participation in employee retention and human capital management activities.
- Coach Managers, HR designees, and others who have HR responsibilities within a district office.
- Oversee employee relations and claims management activities throughout the designated area, assuring that investigations are handled and documented appropriate to negating a lawsuit.
- Support the Regional HR Director and Legal team on sensitive investigations.
- Assure compliance with programs are being appropriately administered regarding licensing, I-9s, leaves of absences, vacations, personnel file maintenance, status changes, performance evaluations, terminations, etc.
- Develop, in conjunction with Branch Manager/ General Manager and HR Director, plans to reduce overtime and turnover
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist in development of managers through training on labor law, ER processes, and skills. Help District Managers write development programs for managers with performance issues.
- Improve work environment and employee relations through effective customer service and various measures, including complaint investigation, grievance resolution, focus groups, etc., as appropriate to the situation and the Concern Resolution Policy.
- Ensure that corporate policies are appropriately enforced and implemented.
- Assure that appropriate information is communicated with and to the District Managers and the Regional HR Director.
- Travel regularly throughout designated area to interact with and gain confidence of district support and operations personnel, and to investigate particularly serious allegations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with a minimum of 2 years of HR Generalist experience.
- PHR Certification preferred, but not required.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to train and explain to managers the basics in employment law for better understanding and supervisory ability.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Current state driver's license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Posting ID: 565328319Posted: 2020-07-31