Under direction, this professional will be responsible for benchmarking data for compensation programs, administering bonus programs, supporting senior level analysts and will participant in developing recommendations for review with senior leadership. This role requires effective interfacing with key business partners in total rewards, payroll, accounting, tax, financial reporting, human resources, and legal. This professional will have the opportunity to gain meaningful exposure to our business and grow as an integral member of the total rewards/ human resources team. Job Responsibilities:
Job Requirements:Education/ Certifications
- Conducts job evaluations for new and revised positions within assigned business units including: maintaining job descriptions in accordance with department standards, conducting market surveys and analyzing results to determine appropriate pay band and mid-market range for evaluated positions, ensuring wage and salary rate recommendations are equitable internally and externally, establishing target incentive eligibility and presenting findings to management for approval. Maintains and controls position description records and market valuation files.
- Conducts and participates in compensation surveys to maintain competitive market data for jobs. Recommends and implements compensation adjustments according to survey findings.
- Monitors market trends and evaluates external competitiveness of company's compensation programs.
- Analyzes changes in salaries or salary grades that deviate from policy or job structure; communicates findings and/or recommendations to management.
- Coordinates and reconciles data updates/corrections including file uploads to HRIS systems, payroll, compensation external systems.
- Provides consultation to Human Resources and/or Department Managers in the administration and interpretation of salary administration policies (new hire offers, promotional offers, compensation disputes, etc.) and maintains compliance to federal and state laws for assigned business units
- Provides interpretation of procedures as they relate to data procedures and recommends solutions to problems or issues not covered by established practices.
- Perform database maintenance and audits to ensure data integrity across various systems (PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, PayFactors) Analyze for accuracy/completeness, identify any issues/discrepancies, and create workflow processes. Perform testing as needed.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports to as necessary.
- Audit reports and analysis for accuracy as needed
- Working closely with senior analysts, the Director and FP&A, during the annual merit cycle
- Compile and assist in preparing materials for review and/or presentation (Powerpoint, dashboards, Cost analysis, Word docs).
- Performs special projects as needed, such as salary structure analysis, geographic analysis, cost analysis, process improvements, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of ad hoc projects and reports.
- Own job code process: creating new codes, auditing existing and updating as needed
- Coordinate and process one-time bonuses, retention bonuses and severance
- Monitor and respond to emails in the compensation general mailbox
: (Required & Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
- This is an entry level role with up to two years professional experience in a human resources related role requiring analytical thought and working with large data sets
- Familiar with the concepts, practices, and procedures related to compensation programs
- Possess research, analysis and assessment abilities.
- Interpersonal and business skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within the Company and in the community.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and establish relationships.
- Strong proficiency in Excel (vlookup/index, match and macros and modeling), PowerPoint (graphs and charts) and Word (Mail merge)
- Strong ability to learn and utilize different systems and programs
- Strict attention to detail while dealing with large amounts of data, and confidentiality required.
- The ability to work independently and change focus when needed while making regular progress on assigned projects.
- Ability to problem solve and make recommendations
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to operating powered equipment
- Dependable, responsible team player
- Ability to climb stairs, ladder etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 564251038Posted: 2020-07-17