Overview Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? Hollywood Casino Joliet we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Performs duties to accommodate hotel guests, responds to telephone inquiries, and makes appropriate reservations.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by following guidelines of the company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Conducts in-bound and out-bound calling, providing quality service and effective selling through the use of a telecommunication database and telephonic system.
- Expediently handles guest concerns, inquiries, and requests.
- Directs guests to appropriate personnel and/or escalates issues to management when necessary to fulfill guest needs.
- Performs the professional and courteous handling of incoming guest calls and reservation requests while realizing campaign goals, fulfilling data entry requirements, and achieving call time and volume objectives.
- This position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and team members.
- Checks guests in and out of rooms and RV Park.
- Makes guest reservations, assigns rooms/RV slots, and makes keys.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and provides appropriate assistance such as directions and information regarding property events or promotions.
- Answers PBX incoming calls and distributes throughout property.
- Enters reservations for Hotel/RV park accommodations based on availability.
- Verifies payments received.
- Checks arrivals and departures.
- Runs daily reports.
- Counts cash drawer and balances shift transactions.
- Performs daily cash drops and signs proper drop logs.
- Performs daily inventory of Front Desk supplies and RV park supplies, notifying Supervisor of ordering needs.
- Assists Supervisor in data entry for reports.
- Performs Night Audit procedure as assigned or scheduled.
- Performs minor clerical work as assigned.
- Prepares informational packets as needed.
- Fills in for Breakfast Greeter as required.
- Understands and adheres to all property and departmental standards, policies, and procedures.
- Receives in-bound calls and dispatches or handles appropriately.
- Performs out-bound calling efforts as scheduled and prioritized by supervisor or ETS system.
- Performs basic functions, data input, and acquires information from the following: ACSC, LMS, PBX, Open Table.
- Achieves established levels of activity and meets objectives for number and length of calls attempted, calls completed, sales results, and abandoned calls, up-selling and the accuracy and completeness of data input.
- Maintains detailed awareness regarding current and upcoming property events, promotions, entertainment, packages, Club benefits, food specials, and other offers for information dissemination and up-selling.
- Handles reservation requests for invitational events, hotel, restaurants, and concerts.
- Utilizes event manifests, RSVP spreadsheets, and refers to fact sheets as needed to fulfill call center initiatives.
- Provides regular updates on reservation status and response summaries.
- Directly handles guest issues and concerns, determining alternate solutions and resources in order to resolve issues.
- Works in harmony with supervisor and other department personnel to escalate the handling of guest issues as needed to remedy guest dissatisfaction.
- Delivers phone scripts in a compelling and confident manner, effectively offers tool box amenities, and establishes follow up action when executing out-bound calls.
- Carries out several simultaneous tasks: takes rapidly-arriving incoming calls in succession, provides courteous, personalized, and professional service, and proficiently and accurately enters and assesses data across multiple systems and programs.
- Provides superior service delivery and strong persuasive communication skills.
- Consistently follows the processes and procedures outlined for handling calls including up-selling, personalization, standardization, and quality control measures.
- Performs a variety of record keeping, filing, indexing, and other general administrative functions.
- Operates a variety of communication equipment.
- Must display the ability to be a team player and interface with other departments to develop key relations to ensure maximum efficiency in completing job tasks.
- Responsible for stocking and working Sundry shop.
- Assists with Differentiated EP services.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, along with 6 months to 1 year of customer service experience.
- 1 year of experience in telephone procedures, communication, and data entry preferred.
- Guest Service, Sales, or Call Center experience preferred (Length of experience commensurate with level of consideration. Greatest consideration given to Call Center experience).
- Proficient with data entry.
- Excellent oral communication skills - able to speak English fluently enough to be clearly understood over the telephone.
- Negotiation and persuasive communication skills a plus.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, performance-based call center, where calls are monitored, recorded, and assessed for accuracy, speed, and quality of service and sales delivery.
- Must possess a pleasant, outgoing personality and portray a professional temperament for dealing with varied internal and external customer situations.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks quickly with a great deal of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise good tact and independent judgment in difficult situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee requires manual dexterity to operate all necessary equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment. Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 559871989Posted: 2020-08-17