Job Location:: Joplin, MO - Joplin, MO
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Packaging Line Leader to join our exciting new pet food business, located in Joplin, MO. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that pets deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.
The Packaging Line Leader coordinates, monitors, and supervises the activities of a packaging line area ensuring goals are achieved in support of assigned Team goals. He/she are responsible for the supervision of their assigned line ensuring the product meets all Quality and Food Safety Speci?cations in regards to packaging while complying with all Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). He/she is also responsible for ensuring the sanitation of the packaging area and performing line start-up's and shutdowns as required. Also is responsible for ensuring the maintaining and cleaning the equipment and tools/supplies used in the packaging area.
1. Responsible for understanding safe, quality and e?cient operation of all packaging equipment.
2. Ensure all necessary reports are completed correctly, legibly and in a timely manner.
3. Collaborate with QA to ensure that issues during the shift are being addressed and that the product is meeting all target speci?cations. Make adjustments as necessary and involve others (Packaging Lead, Shift Manager, Operations Support Manager, etc.) as necessary.
4. Monitor all activities in the packaging area, immediately reporting downtimes to Lead, Supervisor, Manager, Maintenance or Quality Assurance when downtime cannot be corrected by one's self.
5. Facilitate good communication and planning with packaging leads and operators to ensure that changeovers are done timely, safely and effectively.
6. Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
7. Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill, will serve as back
8. Safely and efficiently work with hazardous cleaning agents
9. Ensures that the standards of personal conduct and hygiene are maintained at all times in order to comply with the HPP Food Safety
10. Meet or exceed the plant productivity goal for the shift.
11. Involve in troubleshoot all problems.
12. Complete all training required.
13. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
• Standing on a concrete ?oor
• Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
• Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals and work at heights
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English languages
• Working knowledge of Safety, Quality and Food Safety, and Material Management systems and procedures
• 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines with preference given to experience in packaging of food
• 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
• Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS O?ce and email
• Knowledge of inventory control principles
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request