Description Position at Heartland Pet Food Mfg, Inc.
blue buffalo company, ltd.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION - PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Maintenance Mechanic I will perform diagnostics and repairs regarding mechanical aspects of machines and equipment. Routinely, performs complex mechanical assignments. This position is responsible for supporting production by redesigning, modifying, repairing and installing industrial machinery.
The mechanic I analyzes equipment failures, determines root cause and makes necessary adjustments. Applies advanced working knowledge and experience to independently improve maintenance techniques and operations.
- Troubleshoot mechanical machine failures by disassembly and inspection of components.
- Utilize technical documentation (prints, manuals, specifications, etc.) to aid in troubleshooting.
- The ability to perform functions required in CMMS.
- Enter Labor time to complete task.
- Research/checkout stock parts.
- Determine root cause of failure and correct condition to prevent reoccurrence.
- Review previous failure modes to aid in discovery of root cause.
- Contact outside vendors and contractors to determine cost and availability of components.
- Manage all phases of repair projects from origination to completion.
- Develop, document, and perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks to maximize mean time between failures.
- Perform alignment checks and mechanical clearances as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Research, develop, and document critical spare parts for equipment.
- The ability to perform and apply calculations (belt speeds, sprocket ratios, etc...) with the formulas supplied.
- The ability to assist other mechanics in installations.
- The ability to perform or assist other mechanics in sheet metal fabrication.
- The ability to perform various functions in the machine shop.
- Turn and center bore a shaft on the lathe.
- Cut a keyway, set up mill and use arbor attachment of the milling machine.
- The ability to perform mig, tig, and arc welding on various types of metals.
- The ability to troubleshoot and assist in the repair of various hydraulic and pneumatic controls.
- The ability to troubleshoot and maintain simple circuits and components.
- The ability to run systems tests and document them correctly.
- The ability to use various tools (megger, VOM) to assist in troubleshooting.
- Knowledge on safe use of ropes, chains, slings, hoists, chain falls, come-along, and all other safety equipment.
- Knowledge on the dangers of screw conveyors and the importance of guarding on this type of equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of related industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience in a comparable role with 5+ years' experience.
- Experience with PLC Operation/Troubleshooting.
- High School diploma or GED
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate's degree from a college/technical school in Industrial Maintenance (or comparable) with 5+ years' experience. Completed apprenticeship program shall also be considered.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as SOP's and safety documents.
- Demonstrates the importance of quality and food safety.
- Update PLC programs using supplied software
Blue Buffalo Company Ltd. and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and follow all national, state and local ordinances regarding applicant consideration.
Posting ID: 576547923Posted: 2020-10-20