ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Master (licensed) Electrician is to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment (including transformers, motors and motor controls and variable frequency drives (VFD) etc.) new branch circuits / panels and fixtures in accordance with all Local, State and National relevant codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Performs ongoing checks and service of entire infrastructure (including panel inspection and labeling / load recording) and advises management of issues and or corrects defects.
- Reviews utility profiles and offers counsel on permanent load reduction and potential energy conservation measures.
- Completes corrective and preventive work orders as assigned.
- Provides repair / replacement services related to electrical devices.
- Inspects and tests main switch-gear for electrical integrity.
- Monitors the performance of electrical subcontractors (focus on emergency power generation and interior life safety systems); including conformance to code.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance program for electrical services.
- If in scope, files all maintenance and installation documents with the local governing body when required.
- Installs new distribution panels, breakers and circuits for HVAC, light and general power.
- Works with other trades to troubleshoot HVAC equipment, building automation, security and when necessary Interior Fire Alarms.
- Ability to work from prints, schematics and electrical control drawings.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours.
- Able and willing to assist in other maintenance tasks.
- Other similar responsibilities...
Potentially if required, serve as a mentor to an apprentice and lesser skilled employees. Potentially supervise a small team of electricians and or other service team members / tradesmen or contractors engaged in Maintenance and Operations of the site and all associated equipment and fixtures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), full formal apprenticeship and five years' post License related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience and knowledge in the diagnosis and repair of special systems such as:
Central Clocks / PA Systems
Interior Fire Alarms
Fire Detection / Suppression Systems
Motors and Motor Control Centers
HVAC Control Wiring
Lighting Control Systems
Security and Video Surveillance Systems
Automatic Doors and Card Access Systems
IT / Communications Infrastructures
Electric Restroom Fixtures
Interior and Exterior Scoreboards
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees or the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- An electrical license (Master Level).
- Valid state driver's license.
- NFPA 70E and OSHA Credentials a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; work at heights; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Appropriate equipment will be provided for lifting over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Junction City, KS 66441 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy