Park Village Pines has provided Senior Assisted Living in Kalamazoo (and Elderly Assisted Care services) since 1983. In our three buildings, we serve seniors and the elderly who have few or basic care needs as well as those who require specialized or memory loss care.
As a non-profit organization, we are uniquely committed to being an excellent Christ-centered senior care center and Christian residency community where people love to live, work, and support.
- Medical & Prescription coverage ($24/pay check)
- Dental & Vision (free for the employee)
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Clothing Allowance
- Anniversary Bonuses
... and more.
Job Summary: The cook will be selected by the Dining Manager and will be directly responsible to the Dining Manager. The cook will be responsible for sanitary, appetizing, appealing preparation, and serving of all meals. The cook will be responsible for maintaining the sanitation of the food preparation area and supervision of Dining employees in the absence of the Dining Manager.
- Must possess good physical and mental health.
- Must demonstrate leadership.
- Must be aware of the condition of equipment and dietary area. Advise the manager of items needing maintenance or attention.
- Must demonstrate an interest and desire to learn the uses of mechanical equipment in obtaining maximum efficiency.
- Must demonstrate superior skills and interest in the following duties and responsibilities.
- Must be willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Be available to work weekends and holidays as necessary
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare meals incorporating portion control procedures. Utilizing menus and recipes assigned by the Chef/Supervisor.
- Prepare food and assist in serving meals.
- Able to lift 50#, push and pull carts
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment used in the food preparation area.
- Prepare for serving refreshments or special meals or events.
- Specially assigned cleaning tasks as scheduled.
- Supervise dietary staff in absence of Dining Manager.
- Assist Dining Manager when necessary.
- Must be adaptable, dependable, and willing to assist other dietary personnel when necessary.
Posting ID: 574321871Posted: 2020-09-24