We are seeking an Outside Service Representative who can provide excellent customer support in their assigned territory surrounding Kalamazoo, MI.
This person will call on Window and Door Producers, Metalworking Shops, Woodworking Facilities, Extruders, Copper Manufacturers, Tile Makers, Furniture Manufacturers, Cabinet Makers, Lumber Yards, Truss Manufacturers, Pallet Makers, Millworking Facilities, Countertop Producers, Laminate Processors, and Other Manufacturers.
- Travel daily in your company provided vehicle to support customers in the industrial and manufacturing industry.
- Build rapport and provide personalized customer service to satisfy the customer's current and future needs.
- Identify new opportunities and applications to assist with driving revenue.
- Work closely with other team members and supervisors to ensure customers receive excellent support and service.
- Be proactive in meeting or exceeding all assigned operational, customer experience, and service level metrics within the territory.
- Able to use technology to track customer stock levels, track orders, maintain communication with the customer and other supporting services.
- Evaluate territory and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies. Be able to communicate your evaluation with a proposed plan, both verbally and written to supervisor.Ex. Development of efficient route coordination/planning based on customer future needs.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Associates degree with three years' experience in a customer support role within the manufacturing or industrial industries OR five years account management within manufacturing, tooling or machinery industry OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Marketing, Technical, or business-related discipline with two years of relevant experience. Candidates with military experience will be considered to have met these requirements.
- Must have a minimum of three years customer service, account management, sales, sales support, or service representative experience within B2B sales. Preferably face to face contact.
- Must be able to use technology that supports the role proficiently. (MS Office, Outlook, company cloud-based resources)
- Knowledge of carbide tipped saw blades, mortise, boring, up spiral & down spiral bits, Hoggers, Profile Cutters, and other cutting tools helpful.
- Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new systems and technologies.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be required.
- The work environment is primarily in the field at a customer facility. Must be able to work effectively in environmental conditions such as cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust, mist, gas, fumes, walking or climbing, etc.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Have a safe driving record and able to pass a background check.
- US Citizen.
Candidate Select is a specialized recruitment firm dedicated to working with highly skilled talent and mid to senior-level management. Because of our innovative recruitment process, we are poised to meet the future needs of our candidates and clients. One such step in this process is only placing candidates in permanent roles.
Our experienced recruiting staff has over 20+ years' experience placing highly skilled talent across many industry verticals including but not limited to Aerospace & Defense, Automobile, Consumer Durables, Electrical & Electronics, FMCG, Financial Services, Industrial, Infrastructure, Internet, Logistics, Metals, Minerals and Mining, Media & Entertainment, Oil & Gas, Outsourcing & Offshoring, Pharma, Lifesciences, Devices & Diagnostics, Power, Technology and Telecom. This expertise allows us to provide a positive recruitment experience to both candidates and clients.
Please continue to check our job portal regularly at https://jobs.crelate.com/portal/candidateselectfor newly posted positions. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.