CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals. Division Overview:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division. Location:
Bradley, Illinois Position overview:
The Plant Superintendent will supervise, direct and coordinate personnel activities concerned with production. This would involve but not be limited to management of product technology, production methods and procedures, standards, and machine and equipment capabilities. Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Plant Superintendent responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Directly supports the plant manager in all aspects of daily plant operations. Assume all duties and responsibilities of the acting plant manager when needed.
- Interacts with plant management to establish production and quality standards
- Plans and directs production activities and priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
- Coordinates production activities along with procurement, maintenance, production planning, safety and quality control activities to obtain optimal use of employee and equipment resources
- Reviews and analyzes production to determine causes on non-conformity with production specifications and operating or production problems
- Through collaboration and effective communication with all appropriate parties, develops and implements methods and procedures to eliminate operation problems and improve product quality
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering to modify machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products
- Revises production schedule as necessary
- Effectively communicates any changes in schedules, production or procedures to all shifts and employees
- Manages performance and development of all of their direct reports
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned
Job Requirements Qualifications:
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or a related field. Master's degree a plus
- At least 10 years of progressive job responsibilities working in a manufacturing environment
- At least 5 years in a managerial role supervising multiple shifts
- Career goals should be plant manager and beyond
- Individual must be willing to relocate for growth/advancement opportunities
- Must be available to work various shifts if needed and be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime to cover absences or provide additional support
- Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Packaging industry experience
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach
- Must believe in the team approach to solving problems and must have proven success in leading teams to resolve specific problems
- Working knowledge of SPC, Six Sigma, 5S, SMED and Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of PC's and software programs Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of manufacturing
- The individual should possess superior people skills with a history of developing talent for progression within the organization
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Will be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting in a plant environment as well as in an office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is frequently loud.
Possible Equivalent Military Titles
- Administrative Officer; Chief Staff Officer; Management Analyst and Planner; Purchasing and Contracting Manager; Medical Plans and Operations Officer.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Benefits:
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k). Interested:
Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers. EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.